Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

EBAY Standard Envelope- Volume 2 with update.

So I have sent about 40 of these. Basically 10 each time X 4 trips to the USPS where i handed these to the postal clerk. I send them exactly as directed. They are under 2 OZ. No added padding to get hung up either. I use sticker labels so extra tape is not involved. Again, I have basically done everything perfectly. I use the envelopes purchased from the EBAY site specifically used for this. Here are the results with 4 different sample sets of 10 each time:
1. The tracking is dog crap
2. The tracking is dog crap
3. The tracking is dog crap
4. The tracking is dog crap
Very few envelopes had any tracking whatsoever. The best part is the buyers "Where is my card".
I realize the tracking is supposed to be very limited with only 1-2 bits of tracking; but most of mine do not even show as excepted by the USPS. Now there is 1-2 that have great tracking at about 4 different points in the process to include accepted, on way to destination, out for delivery and DELIVERED. I mean, why the gigantic disparity with these? They are all exactly the same accepted at the same USPS by even the same postal clerk. Very, very disappointed with this so far.

Comments

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

Look to see if eBay charged you for the envelopes that are not tracking.

• Options
    NorcalNorcal Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

I have had the same problem. Months after I send them it’s still in route and sometimes only the drop off scan in tracking shows.
    I had many buyers ask about updates. I have contacted eBay on a few of the nondeliveries and they ruled in my favor since the buyer ask a month after purchase.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mickey71 said:
    I mean, why the gigantic disparity with these?

I tried to explain it in the last thread, to nothing but ridicule. It is what it is.

• Options
    MisterTim1962MisterTim1962 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

EBay takes a good idea and screws it up, with a lot of help from USPS.

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

I have sent a handful out using the Standard Envelope (about 10 so this is a small sampling). Luckily, all packages did arrive and were marked as Delivered, but tracking was almost invisible for most of them. I'm only shipping items up to the max $20 value, so the issue won't be losing merchandise. I'm more worried about a Negative feedback rating if the package never gets delivered.

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

@RufussCkingston said:

What are you talking about??

• Options

@countdouglas said:

@Mickey71 said:
    I mean, why the gigantic disparity with these?

I tried to explain it in the last thread, to nothing but ridicule. It is what it is.

I don't think I ridiculed you. If a couple went perfectly and a bunch did nothing....how do you explain that?

• Options

@DotStore said:
    I have sent a handful out using the Standard Envelope (about 10 so this is a small sampling). Luckily, all packages did arrive and were marked as Delivered, but tracking was almost invisible for most of them. I'm only shipping items up to the max $20 value, so the issue won't be losing merchandise. I'm more worried about a Negative feedback rating if the package never gets delivered.

You mentioned tracking being invisible; but packages marked as DELIVERED. Not understanding what you're saying.

• Options

they don't always get scanned but do arrive. Most of my buyers have been solid and don't file false claims. There were a couple I think took advantage of the system. any that the buyer said was not delivered, eBay's insurance has paid the claim without issue even if there weren't any scans.

overall out of at least 1000 of these since they started a year ago , I have had to file only 4 claims. Of those 1000+ sales, I would say 90% would not have happened charging $4 shipping which is the minimum for padded mailers. I personally still like it

• Options

@Mickey71 said:

@RufussCkingston said:

You DON'T pay for the postage UNLESS it scans the QR postage in the USPS mail machines. So obviously, if you are charged for any of the envelopes that show no tracking movement, it means that they have been touched by USPS and you then have proof of mailing and the insurance you get with them should be valid.

• Options

@RufussCkingston said:

@Mickey71 said:

@RufussCkingston said:

You DON'T pay for the postage UNLESS it scans the QR postage in the USPS mail machines. So obviously, if you are charged for any of the envelopes that show no tracking movement, it means that they have been touched by USPS and you then have proof of mailing and the insurance you get with them should be valid.

based on eBay's terms and conditions for the standard envelope, you pay as soon as you click ship with no refunds available

• Options

based on eBay's terms and conditions for the standard envelope, you pay as soon as you click ship with no refunds available

I see that now., I figured it was just like the International Standard labels where you don't pay if they don't get used, since those are created by Pitney Bowes as well.. It does say in the terms that the charge will be what is reported by the vendor (like 2 or 3 oz rate vs 1oz). I will say when I look at my charges, they are charged to my account 3 days after I print the label, not at the time I print the label, such as when you buy a First Class Package or Priority label, where you need to void it if you want the money back.

Another thing, I don't see anything in the terms with regards to filing a claim that there needs to be "scan" activity.

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2022 9:05AM

So I took a little time to go back and look at my last 200 shipments where I used ebay standard envelope, dating from October 21st to December 31st. Out of 200 shipments, 9 of them have no delivery confirmation and no feedbacks left by the buyer, and 10 had no delivery confirmation but WITH positive feedbacks (showing they did show up). Of the 9 that didn't leave feedbacks, they also never contacted me about their card not showing up, so I would assume the card did show up but they just don't leave feedbacks.

One strange thing I noticed... MOST of the cards that were not scanned as delivered either didn't get scanned after it hit the USPS hub in Portland, Oregon, or didn't get scanned past the hub in Cleveland, Ohio (I ship from Canton, Ohio).

All in all, I love the ebay standard envelope service.

• Options

@RufussCkingston said:

I see that now., I figured it was just like the International Standard labels where you don't pay if they don't get used, since those are created by Pitney Bowes as well.. It does say in the terms that the charge will be what is reported by the vendor (like 2 or 3 oz rate vs 1oz). I will say when I look at my charges, they are charged to my account 3 days after I print the label, not at the time I print the label, such as when you buy a First Class Package or Priority label, where you need to void it if you want the money back.

Another thing, I don't see anything in the terms with regards to filing a claim that there needs to be "scan" activity.

my last one I had to file didn't have any activity and they paid the claim without issue. This was the one case when I think the buyer actually was taking advantage of the system. He was a high feedback buyer. He filed the claim exactly 14 days with no activity. He didn't respond to any of my communications. I sent him a scan of another copy that was the exact condition that I could send him and he never responded. It felt to me he just had an automated system to file at 2 weeks and had no interest in discussing or actually worried about the card he bought since I was willing to send him a replacement.

I refunded on eBay then at 30 days filed the claim and it was paid so not loss but a real bad taste in my mouth from this buyer

• Options
    CardGeekCardGeek Posts: 403 ✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2022 12:16PM

Every time I buy something that is shipped using these they're marked as delivered the day before they show up in my mail box. It's pretty annoying. The tracking doesn't update hop by hop. Nothing has been lost yet though. I'd never ship using this service.