Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

2019 Una and the Lion 2 Oz Silver

What would be a good price to pay for a 2019 Una and the Lion 2 Oz Silver raw ungraded in original packaging? Just curious as I am currently working on a deal for one right now. Thanks!

Comments

• OrlenaOrlena Posts: 300 ✭✭✭

Good luck with that. I never see any for sale. I know Britannia Coin had some for about $3800 but I’m guessing that price is long gone. I just don’t see many of this series available for sale. Maybe in the UK they are more plentiful.

Seems like I’ve seen a couple on the fancy auction sites in the last year. Maybe check with Heritage?

NGC PF69 on eBay $4995 - shipper is in Oakland, CA

• Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

I found a raw one for $950.

Wow. Good for you. Not sure who is crazy enough to do that, but that’s not your concern.

• bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

What’s so special about these ?

Low mintage?

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

It’s part of a series of great engravers of coins for the Royal mint. This was the first and there were two that followed. Mintage for all was relatively low for all options (2 oz, 5oz, 10 oz) in gold and silver. All three coins in the series sold out within minutes. Most of the interest ( I think) is from collectors of British coins and flippers who saw how much interest the first two releases attracted.

All three were beautiful designs and very well produced.