Home Q & A Forum
Options

If I am joining as a new PCGS membership am I better off with the silver or gold package?

Joey29Joey29 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭

I want to get a PCGS membership. I have one coin for conservation and maybe one more for crossover from NGC. The silver is $69 and the gold is $149, with supposedly 4 complimentary submissions. Which package will end up costing me less with 1or 2 submissions, please advise? Thanks

Best Answer

• Options
    Joey29Joey29 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭

@MetroD said:
    I assume that "conservation" = "restoration".

"Voucher is not valid for Restoration Services, Mint Errors, Special Issues, Additional Services, Guarantee Premium fees or coins valued over $2,500."
    Source (Section = "COMPLIMENTARY GRADING SUBMISSIONS")

"The Collectors Club voucher may be applied to either the Regular Standard or Gold Shield service. You may submit your coins for either Raw, Crossover, Regrade or Reconsideration service."
    Source (Section: "PCGS Collectors Club"; Question: "What are the rules and regulations to use a Collectors Club voucher?")

Based on this, you cannot use a voucher for restoration. You can, however, use a voucher for a crossover, as long as the coin value is less than $2,500.00.

If you purchase the "gold" membership, you are essentially paying $80.00 for four vouchers. These vouchers cover a "regular" service level fee of $38.00 per coin. Reference

Given that you have, at most, one voucher-eligible coin to submit, you probably want to opt for the "silver" membership. :)

Thanks for the information. I will opt for the silver package. Appreciate your help with this

Answers

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

I assume that "conservation" = "restoration".

"Voucher is not valid for Restoration Services, Mint Errors, Special Issues, Additional Services, Guarantee Premium fees or coins valued over $2,500."
    Source (Section = "COMPLIMENTARY GRADING SUBMISSIONS")

"The Collectors Club voucher may be applied to either the Regular Standard or Gold Shield service. You may submit your coins for either Raw, Crossover, Regrade or Reconsideration service."
    Source (Section: "PCGS Collectors Club"; Question: "What are the rules and regulations to use a Collectors Club voucher?")

Based on this, you cannot use a voucher for restoration. You can, however, use a voucher for a crossover, as long as the coin value is less than $2,500.00.

If you purchase the "gold" membership, you are essentially paying $80.00 for four vouchers. These vouchers cover a "regular" service level fee of $38.00 per coin. Reference

Given that you have, at most, one voucher-eligible coin to submit, you probably want to opt for the "silver" membership. :)