Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Possible fraudulent listings

I'm not 100% sure but how can two different sellers have the two same exact cards (matching cert #'s) going up for auction at the same time? If anyone knows how to post the link, here are the eBay item #'s: 275110930374 and 304305966900 as well as 125099136099 and 304305967889. This bothers me because I need both cards for my registry sets but don't know who really has the cards.

Comments

• Options
    picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

Without even looking I'd stay away..
    Trouble waiting to happen !
    Don't let your need for a card get in your way.

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

I saw a listing this morning from a seller with low positive feedback selling hundreds of rare rare rare high grade PSA items. Maybe? Maybe not?

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

Check again…

I think eBay may have removed the listings you were referring to.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

I've seen some "funny" stuff happening the last few days. Items that get listed were removed a few hours later. And there are duplicate listings (same seller) for some of the cards I search on. The 2 sellers I noticed were Probstein and 4SC

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

I've been following the 2000 Bowman Chrome Tom Brady PSA market the past few months, and this morning I noticed a seller who had over 6000 feedbacks (but with less than 90% positive) list three different PSA 10s, and they all had different photo backgrounds or scanning methods. Huge red flag, especially for a $20k card. They were probably stolen images. I just went back to reference the seller's info for this thread, and his listings are poofed.

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it’s not feeling right -- don’t do it.
    The cardboard ain’t worth the mental stress.
    :)

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

The listings have been removed. Luckily, I added one of the sellers to my blocked list because he had the worst feedback of the two sellers. I just checked his other items for sale and all the graded card listings he had up have been removed. I wish I would have added the other seller's name because I doubt if either one had these two had the actual cards. Anyway, this is the seller I blocked: egg.n.chips.clothing

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

@pab1969 said:

Anyway, this is the seller I blocked: egg.n.chips.clothing

This is the exact seller who had the three Brady 10s, I remember that name now.