Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Basketball Set That Never Was for sale...

152-card all original basketball set from the 1982-1983 season.
Produced from our 35mm slide archives obtained in the 1990's and early 2000's.
A fun set that will list in its' entirety over the next few weeks!
I hope you enjoy looking at the different cards!
https://ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2553941.m570.l1313&_nkw=banty+red+basketball&_sacat=0

"You've gotta be a man to play this game...but you'd better have a lot of little boy in you, too"--Roy Campanella

Comments

• Options
    jimqjimq Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

Do any of them have backs? Some look nice on the front, but why aren't the backs shown?

• Options
    BuckHunter68BuckHunter68 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭

Each card has a checklist reverse.
    Each reverse is shown in the listing art. Due to the size and nature of the set, the checklist was the best suited reverse. The fronts are actually lightly glossed and the stock allows for incredible detail. These are slightly thicker than a standard trading card and are consistent with most Banty Red offerings.
    Thank you for looking!

"You've gotta be a man to play this game...but you'd better have a lot of little boy in you, too"--Roy Campanella

• Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭

How about spelling Robert Parish correctly?

• Options
    jimqjimq Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

I liked a lot of them, but whoever came up with the idea of a checklist back ruined them for me. A big part of the card is reading the backs. They're not for me.

• Options
    edited January 15, 2022 12:12PM

@gameusedhoop said:
    How about spelling Robert Parish correctly?

THAT'S what you came up with?
    150 cards with original photography that is dated correctly, focused and filtered, custom lighting in a cutting-edge lightshop professional program and the prints, themselves, applied to actual vintage substrates. Over $12k in images put into comprehensive team sets depicting the most popular/mainstream athletes...multiple cards of guys appearing on multiple teams...
    and you come up with an extra "R" on the checklist REVERSE???

You, my friend, are just ridiculous and sour. For the record, the front is spelled correctly and I will correct the reverse, so thank you for that.

• Options

@jimq said:
    I liked a lot of them, but whoever came up with the idea of a checklist back ruined them for me. A big part of the card is reading the backs. They're not for me.

I totally understand.
    I wish I could've done the reverses.
    Because these are cards that will be so thinly supported, a reverse with details would've pushed the price point to a level the market wouldn't support.
    I am doing reverses for my own set and, eventually, I will offer those reverses. Given that each takes a couple hours to create, it will be awhile before they become ready. But I do understand the drawbacks of the checklist reverses. Interestingly, the checklist back is what made me certain I created action fronts!
    I also tried to use slides that were shot from consistent vantage points and lighting so the set has an authentic continuity.
    They're not for everyone, for sure, BUT there are NO cards from that year and I wanted SOMETHING.
    They're very attractive and display fantastic in an album.
    Thank you for looking!

• Options

In a world where typos are rampant and a hobby where the WRONG player is sometimes shown on a card, you are a most astute proof-reader. While I would have preferred a simple "Woops. Looks like the Chief's name was given an extra "r"...I do appreciate you helping to make the set better. Realizing you are not a person that would have interest regardless, quality is the goal...

Here ya go...

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are these licensed by the NBA? Are the players being compensated for the use of their images?

• Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭

Do you have licensing to use the NBA logos? After all they are all Registered trademarks.