Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA careers- Vault

jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

They just posted multiple jobs for CA and remote positions. One job that caught my eye was corporate development/new venture. A position to help build out a completely new business unit. The description states this is in stealth mode, operationally the new business unit will function as a high value storage unit and fulfillment center. Sounds like the high value storage unit will be something like PWWC vault. I wonder what direction they are going?

Comments

• Options
    NorcalNorcal Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

@jayhawke said:
    They just posted multiple jobs for CA and remote positions. One job that caught my eye was corporate development/new venture. A position to help build out a completely new business unit. The description states this is in stealth mode, operationally the new business unit will function as a high value storage unit and fulfillment center. Sounds like the high value storage unit will be something like PWWC vault. I wonder what direction they are going?

Does it say where in California?
    Thanks

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

IMHO the Oregon vault is attractive for sales tax avoidance.
    You can send cards there and pay only 1% vs 8% tax.
    It is secure and if you choose can send to their auction with just a click.

Not sure if CA would be anywhere near the benefit. That is unless you can send cards you currently own and
    get the same features.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

@Norcal said:

@jayhawke said:

Does it say where in California?
    Thanks

It's listed as a remote position.

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

As I recall, PSA recently did a survey and the vault was an item they asked regarding interest. I marked yes for the vault feature. Grade, storage, and auction by PSA sounds like a real possibility they may explore. I can see PSA sharing a platform with a major auction house and also ebay down the road.

• Options
    voxels123voxels123 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

Very interesting. Remote / Vault storage is without question the future of card storage especially given their values as of late.