Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Interesting Brady Pop Count Info on 2000 Skybox Impact #27

When I get graded cards back from PSA, I put them into the perfect fit sleeves and then I fill out a small form that contains info on how I got the card, how much I paid for it, what the card is worth at the current time in the grade it got, and the current population info. I update this info every so often on each of the forms that accompanies the graded cards (can take a while as I have well over a thousand graded cards, but it is an interesting exercise and fun to see how pops and prices have changed with each of the cards).

I was updating the form that is with my PSA 10 2000 Skybox Impact Brady rookie -- back in March of 2019, there were 721 PSA 10s out of 1521 graded (47% PSA 10s). The current population of this card is 959 PSA 10s out of 3627 graded (26% PSA 10s). However, of the cards that have been graded since March 2019, there have only been 238 10s give out of 2106 graded (only 11% PSA 10s). That is a startling number to me, but it could be explained by people cracking and resubmitting and continually getting PSA 9s, it could be due to PSA grading this card "tougher", or it could be that all of the good copies were submitted March 2019 or earlier, and the copies now being submitted didn't stand a chance at getting a PSA 10 (or more likely a combination of all of these factors).

Brady has been great for many years, so I also thought it was interesting that only 1521 had been submitted from the early 2000s until March of 2019, yet 2106 have been graded in just the last (almost) 2 years...maybe that does point to cracking/resubmitting? If you had a pristine copy, why wouldn't you have submitted it prior to March 2019?

In any case, I thought this was a pretty interesting population report change....

Comments

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

The higher the prices go, the more likely you aren't upset with an 8 or 9. So you might send in one that may have a little issue.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting data - thanks for sharing.

• Options

"That is a startling number to me, but it could be explained by people cracking and resubmitting and continually getting PSA 9s, it could be due to PSA grading this card "tougher", or it could be that all of the good copies were submitted March 2019 or earlier, and the copies now being submitted didn't stand a chance at getting a PSA 10"

I would bet that cracking/resubmitting 8's and 9's, and most good copies have already been graded are the reasons for the majority of this. Doubt it's being "graded tougher". It's probably due to people trying to chase money, cracking old packs and submitting cards that were bricked and have surface issues, digging old ones out of binders. Basically hail marys for the most part.