Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

So cleveland Indians do not exist in eBay

So I was trying to list my 1975 Cleveland Indians PSA 9 card and when I went to put the team as an attribute, eBay does not recognize the Cleveland Indians like they never existed ...c'mon that is the craziest ..thing ...try list anything Cleveland Indians

Anyways ..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-Topps-331-Indians-Team-Checklist-Sheet-PSA-9-MINT-Gray-Back-cleveland-/133987274385?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

![](https://us.v-cdn.net/6027503/uploads/editor/mf/6rllpo5e6hvv.jpg "")

Comments

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

Ran into the same thing. Ridiculous.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • 82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

Listing player as George Brett , so you get hits on 1975 George Brett PSA 9 - rather sneaky :|

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

This sucks. Changing the name going forward is one thing. Erasing all history is something entirely different.

• BJY83BJY83 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭

@gemint said:
    This sucks. Changing the name going forward is one thing. Erasing all history is something entirely different.

Agreed. Welcome to the new America.

Brian

• In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

Just did a search in the eBay search bar for Cleveland Indians, lots of things for sale came up, even Chief Wahoo logo, hats.
    Don't know about listing for sale anything Cleveland Indians though. Old listing?

• pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BJY83 said:

@gemint said:

Agreed. Welcome to the new America.

It is only going to get worse.

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

What about Redskins cards?

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

Well, neither are the Boston Beaneaters. I just don't understand why some people are so bothered by a majority of the population who'd rather not be offensive to marginalized groups. I love baseball history, but this is not a problem to me. Nobody is coming to your house with a Sharpie and writing "Guardians" on all of your Indians cards.

2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

@coolstanley said:
    What about Redskins cards?

Redskins are gone too

@In4apenny said:
    Just did a search in the eBay search bar for Cleveland Indians, lots of things for sale came up, even Chief Wahoo logo, hats.
    Don't know about listing for sale anything Cleveland Indians though. Old listing?

The OP is talking about while selling an item with the Indians (or Redskins), ebay no longer gives you the option of selecting that team name from the pulldown in the item specifics section.

edited January 12, 2022 8:00AM

Before some here get and continue to get their panties twisted up in a bunch a legitimate question needs to be asked:

Are any of the following Baseball teams still listed as choices on eBay:

Tampa Bay Devil Rays
    California Angels
    Los Angeles Angels
    Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
    Florida Marlins
    Houston Colt .45s

All Above fit into the same exact classification as Cleveland now does; teams that have changed their name but not moved and are still an active MLB team.

If the answer is NO then it simply means eBay is ruthlessly efficient in renaming their Database entries of Active MLB team names. Thus eBay was not trying to offend apparently delicate sensibilities, nor trying to pacify others, therefore no reason for those folks to post political comments that are not allowed on Collector's Universe privately owned forum.

I know I'm not alone in being sick of seeing political type comments and agendas (we don't care from which side of fence) sneaked into posts on this forum. Many of us frequent here to get away from that POP-TART nonsense. When you are on this forum just let it go...

• scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

@82FootballWaxMemorys said:
    Before some here get and continue to get their panties twisted up in a bunch a legitimate question needs to be asked:

Tampa Bay Devil Rays
    California Angels
    Los Angeles Angels
    Florida Marlins

Above all fit into the same exact classification as Cleveland; teams that have changed their name but not moved and are still an active MLB team.

If the answer is NO then is simply means eBay is ruthlessly efficient in renaming their Database with Active MLB team names. Thus eBay was not trying to offend your the oh so delicate sensibilities of some here, therefore no reason for those folks to post political comments that are not allowed on Collector's Universe privately owned forum.

Wait... (and I'm being serious here) but aren't the Angels currently named the Los Angeles Angels? They've changed their name so many times, I honestly can't remember anymore. Maybe they're the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim California" now?

2.5 is pretty much my speed.
    edited January 12, 2022 7:53AM

@scmavl said:
    Wait... (and I'm being serious here) but aren't the Angels currently named the Los Angeles Angels? They've changed their name so many times, I honestly can't remember anymore. Maybe they're the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim California" now?

I think they returned to Anaheim Angels a few year back. They really truly need to get a grip :)

• lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭

@lawyer05 said:
    So I was trying to list my 1975 Cleveland Indians PSA 9 card and when I went to put the team as an attribute, eBay does not recognize the Cleveland Indians like they never existed ...c'mon that is the craziest ..thing ...try list anything Cleveland Indians

Anyways ..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-Topps-331-Indians-Team-Checklist-Sheet-PSA-9-MINT-Gray-Back-cleveland-/133987274385?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

![](https://us.v-cdn.net/6027503/uploads/editor/mf/6rllpo5e6hvv.jpg "")

Tampa Bay Devil Rays
    California Angels
    Los Angeles Angels
    Florida Marlins
    Houston Colt .45s

All Above fit into the same exact classification as Cleveland now does; teams that have changed their name but not moved and are still an active MLB team.

If the answer is NO then it simply means eBay is ruthlessly efficient in renaming their Database entries of Active MLB team names. Thus eBay was not trying to offend apparently delicate sensibilities, nor trying to pacify others, therefore no reason for those folks to post political comments that are not allowed on Collector's Universe privately owned forum.

I know I'm not alone in being sick of seeing political type comments and agendas (we don't care from which side of fence) sneaked into posts on this forum. Many of us frequent here to get away from that POP-TART nonsense. When you are on this forum just let it go...

Yes beacause the Cleveland Buckeyes are an active team ?...

Tampa Bay Devil Rays
    California Angels
    Los Angeles Angels
    Florida Marlins
    Houston Colt .45s

Cleveland Red Sox is on the team list and it is extinct ...and no one is talking politics ...i just find it ridiculous

Tampa Bay Devil Rays
    California Angels
    Los Angeles Angels
    Florida Marlins
    Houston Colt .45s

Don't you see 9 other Indian Teams and not the Cleveland Indians ? The other 9 teams are not as offensive ...?

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I fear this is just the beginning

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

Click 'Add custom value' after typing 'Cleveland Indians' and there you go. Not that big of a deal... not nearly as big a deal as maintaining a complete database of every actual team name that ever existed. Smh

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

Tampa Bay Devil Rays
    California Angels
    Los Angeles Angels
    Florida Marlins
    Houston Colt .45s

To answer your question, yes all of those teams you listed are on the list of teams available (except for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim for some reason).

• FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

Boba Fett's spaceship is no longer called the Slave 1. A few thousand sensitive people have very heavy Twitter fingers and companies cave in to the slightest pressure. Oh well.

@baz518 said:
    Click 'Add custom value' after typing 'Cleveland Indians' and there you go. Not that big of a deal... not nearly as big a deal as maintaining a complete database of every actual team name that ever existed. Smh

, > @craig44 said:

yes Vern

@craig44 said:

Good parenting is showing your kids born in the 2000's all the Ernest movies,

• gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I'll have to revise my comment. Politics wasn't inferred in my response. I was assuming typing in "Indians" in the search field returned no auctions for Indians cards. Since this is the pre-populated teams area, it makes sense not to proliferate too much. Though I'd argue maybe they should give it a few years or at least until the official name change plays out for a season or two before deleting the old team.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lawyer05 said:

@craig44 said:

Good parenting is showing your kids born in the 2000's all the Ernest movies,

this is very true!!

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.