Home Precious Metals

I may have nabbed quite the bargain

Saw this price for 2022 1/10 gold eagles on a reputable site and couldn't believe it. I bought ten, and within 24 hours, the price went up to $230+ each. We'll see if I receive the coins without issue.

Comments

• CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭

Yes,getting them around spot is always nice. Dealer could claim a listing error but it is not like you ordered 100. My guess is you will get them.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here’s hoping

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • rte592rte592 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a pre sale of 2022's.
    You could have said what site you were on...Might help with information.
    Good luck, nice pickup at that price, hope they honor the sale.

Keep us posted with the results.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll receive it. Haven't ordered any yet.

• CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

Great pickup at around spot.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2022 9:59PM

Wholesale Coins Direct emailed today. I think they were in $280. So good deal 👍🏼

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Most likely a print error because they quickly changed the price. If not it was a promotional gimmick. It's also possible since being new mintage, they were able to get their hands on quite the volume deal and were passing along a good price.
    You know even if they were only making $20.00 per, they made 200 on your sale alone, and I doubt seriously even if it was a printing error they wouldn't make good on the sale, they know their business depends more on word of mouth and rep than the small amount they would gain from not honoring the sale. And if just they sold just 2000 of these which isnt abnormal, they'd make $8000.00 just for playing mailman.

• CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

@Halfpence said:
    Saw this price for 2022 1/10 gold eagles on a reputable site and couldn't believe it. I bought ten, and within 24 hours, the price went up to $230+ each. We'll see if I receive the coins without issue.

Any update?

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2022 9:57PM

They said they deposited my check today and will send out the coins in a couple of days when the check clears. I'm still uncertain until I receive them...