Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Registry set question

Is it appropriate to comment on someone's set with a nice comment, and then stating I have two that they need with an email address to contact me? I was wondering if this is against PSA rules on the registry, and/or poor etiquette on commenting on a set? I know I could list the two cards on the b/s/t, or E-bay, but it would help the person, who is over 80% done, complete their set. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

Instead of posting your email, I would think that it would be better to use the contact user(envelope icon) beside their username.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Canes8387899101 said:
    Is it appropriate to comment on someone's set with a nice comment, and then stating I have two that they need with an email address to contact me? I was wondering if this is against PSA rules on the registry, and/or poor etiquette on commenting on a set? I know I could list the two cards on the b/s/t, or E-bay, but it would help the person, who is over 80% done, complete their set. Thoughts?

I got a couple of my favorite pieces this way!

I also have contacted a few collectors with items the "needed" and some were happy to hear from me while others ignored my messages.

I do not think it's against the rules.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@maddux69 said:
    Instead of posting your email, I would think that it would be better to use the contact user(envelope icon) beside their username.

Maddux they did not have contact envelope besides their name. I know they are actively working on finishing the set, since they are right above me in the registry, and I figured I could help them out. I may just list it in the b/s/t, but they might not be active on that board. Trying to help the guy out without coming across as pushy.

• Options

@JoeBanzai
    Thanks for the help! I've never commented on anyone's set, so I just wanted to make sure that asking if he wanted to purchase a couple he needed wasn't out of bounds.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

You’re not breaking any rules by commenting that way. I have had some comment on my sets that way and sometimes it’s helpful but sometimes it’s irritating.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

@DBesse27 said:
    You’re not breaking any rules by commenting that way. I have had some comment on my sets that way and sometimes it’s helpful but sometimes it’s irritating.

Hopefully, he sees it as helping him out. I'm not trying to come off as a un-frosted pop-tart.

• Options
    davin72davin72 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

Heck if someone did that to me for my Steelers sets I’d be happy. Some of these cards are getting hard to find and I look all the time.

• Options
    picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

@Canes8387899101 said:

@DBesse27 said:

Hopefully, he sees it as helping him out. I'm not trying to come off as a un-frosted pop-tart.

Hey ! The unfrosted pop tarts are the best 😛 Toasted with a touch of butter.. Lol
    Hard to find now tho.

• Options
    DMasciDMasci Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

I see no problem with this either, heck I think just having a comment would be a plus let alone getting an offer to help fill a set.

• Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

I would absolutely welcome an email. Especially for my 1980 set in my sig. Been looking for Preston Dennard for two years. LOL

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set