Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone with recent unopened pack submission experience

jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

Early in 2021 I sent PSA 29 unopened packs to slab. I followed up with them a couple of times and they told me to expect to see them in October. Well it’s January and nothing and they seem less willing to give me a real update.
Anyone out there have any unopened submission experience to share.

Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax

Comments

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Guessing but seems they are waiting at BBCE for Steve Hart to validate them.

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options

I have a 17 pack order (arrived 2/11/21 entered 5/10/21) that just entered grading today.

• Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

@smichene said:
    I have a 17 pack order (arrived 2/11/21 entered 5/10/21) that just entered grading today.

Mine was entered 6/14 so I guess I’m not far away from grading

Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but maybe proof that you guys got swept up in the mass submission wave. My 19 pack submission arrived 10/13/20, entered 1/14/21, grading 7/12/21, and shipped 7/23/21. Nine months back then, and I think the Big Crunch was after mine arrived. I’ve also read here that instead of shipping packs to Steve for authentication, he’s flying out to PSA monthly to authenticate on-site. Saves shipping time and risk, but also means there are potentially weeks of time where packs are sitting idle waiting for him to return to PSA. May be a wash, though - he might authenticate more while dedicated to packs while at PSA vs. spreading himself across PSA packs and his own boxes/cases back in IN.

Good luck with your grades.

Jim

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a pair of pack submissions logged in in May that are also still in step 3 R&I. Turnaround for those lower level value submissions is taking longer than usual but I know those with subs being logged in in February and March are now getting those back so it shouldnt be too much longer before you see some movement.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

I had a 7 pack sub arrived 1/5/21, entered 1/11/21, shipped 7/23/21.

• Options
    JakeR2234JakeR2234 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

2/10/21 entered 5/2021 still in research here.... They don't care about the customer one bit.

PC Walter Payton - Bear Down!