Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Found this recently. Is this real/valuable or some knockoff?

Looking for any info I can get. Got this in a lot of stuff and was unsure if its real or exonumia. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

yikes. looks cast and bronzish

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Show us the edge of this coin. Did you make those pics yellow? If so, no flash or natural light, try again. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

You don’t need to show the edge. It’s a counterfeit Lima 8 Escudo cob

• Options
    xlr8_to_insanityxlr8_to_insanity Posts: 7
    edited January 10, 2022 11:49AM

@Top50SetBuilder said:
    You don’t need to show the edge. It’s a counterfeit Lima 8 Escudo cob

And thats the kind of answer I was expecting/looking for. Thank you! I did some looking and that seems like what it is. Maybe the Disney Pirates of the Caribbean promo/souvenir coin I seen referenced?

@Namvet69 said:
    Show us the edge of this coin. Did you make those pics yellow? If so, no flash or natural light, try again. Good luck. Peace Roy

Here are a couple more pics with natural light just cuz you asked. I did not make them yellow, must be the LED bulbs in the room. I didn't realize how bad they looked! lol

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the pics, I have nothing positive to say. Cast copies are so obviously dumbed down. Good luck. Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall