Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

WTB 1974 Topps baseball Set or Near set

Looking for Raw centered and NMMT. Please message me with what you have.

Brian

Comments

• Options
    BJY83BJY83 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2022 10:04PM

Bump

Brian

• Options

Bump

Brian

• Options

What are you looking to pay for a set in that condition? I have a set but wouldn't say every card is NMMT or centered. A complete set "Raw centered and NMMT" would be expensive to put together

• Options

Nmmt centered sets routinely go for $500-750 on ebay. I just prefer to avoid ebay.

Brian

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2022 12:06AM

A NM-Mint complete set **centered **would probably sell for between $1500-$2000.

• Options

@ArtVandelay said:
    A NM-Mint complete set **centered **would probably sell for between $1500-$2000.

How about unless you're selling me something you keep your uninformed opinions to yourself. Here's one that sold on ebay for $737 last week.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393813644252?nma=true&si=WP6B8i4kL36xzAqwAzw4L52BvDY%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Brian

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2022 12:43AM

@BJY83 said:

@ArtVandelay said:

How about unless you're selling me something you keep your uninformed opinions to yourself. Here's one that sold on ebay for $737 last week.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393813644252?nma=true&si=WP6B8i4kL36xzAqwAzw4L52BvDY%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Did you bother to even look at the image of the cards? Many soft corners. many centering issues. No doubt this is what brought down the price. Just because they list it as NM-MT does not mean they are professional graders. Most of us informed collectors would notice something like that.

• Options

Dude, get lost. Your opinion and lack of knowledge are both unsolicited and unwanted. So you felt it necessary to drive up prices for me for what purpose? That ebay listing has extremely well centered cards, and most are nm+ based on most standards, especially for this set which is generally plagued by centering issues. You're the typical clown on here who thinks he knows more than others but just comes off acting like a bitter little $%&@# trying to interject his ignorance where it doesn't belong.

Brian

• Options

• Options

I don't think the other person was trying to drive up the price or anything. This is my set which I think is close to NMMT overall but as you can see not ALL are centered and not every card would be NMMT. I will admit that when I read your original post I took it as you wanted every card in the set to be NMMT and CENTERED. That's why I said that would be an expensive set to put together.

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BJY83 said:
    Dude, get lost. Your opinion and lack of knowledge are both unsolicited and unwanted. So you felt it necessary to drive up prices for me for what purpose? That ebay listing has extremely well centered cards, and most are nm+ based on most standards, especially for this set which is generally plagued by centering issues. You're the typical clown on here who thinks he knows more than others but just comes off acting like a bitter little $%&@# trying to interject his ignorance where it doesn't belong.

"unsolicited and unwanted"

"a bitter little $%&@# trying to interject his ignorance where it doesn't belong"

"typical clown on here who thinks he knows more than others"

{Opens envelope}

Name three ways to describe BJY83.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

I know.............. just buy one of those Ex-Ex+ sets and think in your educated mind that it is centered and NMMT. Problem solved and no need for verbal abuse.

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

@BJY83 said:

Actually this is the buy sell trade board. Great insight though.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2022 11:12PM

As others have said, the break-up value on this set is well over $1,000 and nobody on this board is uninformed enough to sell a truly NM-MT raw set for eBay prices. Having bought several "high grade" 1974 sets on eBay, I can tell you you'll be sorely disappointed in them 95% of the time. I usually hope to get about 25-50 submittable cards when I buy those sets on eBay.

Your best bet is not to be defensive and lash out at people. Build good will on these boards and good things will happen. Spread negative karma and you'll likely end up banned like most others before you who went a similar route.

Edited to add - One place you can consider is Fritsch cards. You'll get a lot of OC and miscut cards in their sets but the sets are built from inventory they've owned since the year of issue.