Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

George III in a stream

Kinda spring like yesterday, I walked a stream in Vera Cruz Pa, to pick up jasper rocks and found a beat up George half penny. As you can see the flowing water and gravel knocked down much of the detail but the portrait right and rev shield are still visible. 10.8g, 30.8mm. Way better than any Wawa parking lot coin. Have a good day. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

Comments

• Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

A wonderful provenance!

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭

Nice - did you have your metal detector out as well?

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Exbrit I did not, I was in a friends truck, but....I will on the next trip. I can pick rocks and detect at the same time. Have a good day. Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    IVBIVB Posts: 248 ✭✭✭

It's nice pick up, Roy.

• Options
    StellaStella Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭

That is a neat story!

Coin collector since childhood and New York Numismatist at Heritage Auctions.
  • Options

@Stella And the jasper takes a great tumble polishing. Pics of the previous batch after a month, from the same are. Be safe. Roy

• Options
    StellaStella Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭

Very cool, @Namvet69 . You'll have to check out that area again and see what else you can find.

Coin collector since childhood and New York Numismatist at Heritage Auctions.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool find!

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's either 1806 or 1807. KM-662

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options

@Oldhoopster Thanks for that. I can always count on friends like you to pull the rabbit out of the hat. There were some detail fragments on the rev but it was Greek to me. Have a good night. Peace Roy