Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Benefits update!!!

7/10/02
Benefits update. About six months ago, PSA changed the flips on the holders. As a result it is now technically impossible to add pedigree information to the inserts due to the size limitations. Therefore, this service unfortunately can no longer be offered to set registrants. In order to compensate for this loss in benefits, we have lowered the completion requirement for free grading. From now on, any new set that is registered that is 75% complete rather than 90% complete qualifies for 5 free gradings. Simply notify setregistry@collectors.com within 5 days of registration.

http://www.psacard.com/new_set_registry/benefits.chtml

I would have never had my cards pedigreed...So I like the change.

Thanks

Carlos

Comments

• Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    that ought to shut up psa1965topps! lol
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    Nothing can ever silence psa1965topps.
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    "I would have never had my cards pedigreed...So I like the change."

Agreed image
  • Options
    There goes my dream of my 1987 WWF set being pedigreed... image

Wait, but that means I only have to send in 17 Stickers from that set to get 5, not three, free gradings! image

ICE CREAM FOR ALL!

Ian
  • Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    Forget the 5 free grades I just want to see 75% complete next to my set! I am at a lousy 14 percent right now.
    x
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    If at 75% or higher, does the 5 free grades have to be used in that set? I imagine it would be, but I never here too much about this special, so I'm not sure about the criteria...jay
  • Options

With the prices that pedigreed comics sell for, you guys might want to re-consider - especially if you are going to sell.

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't understand or agree with the five days stipulation. Is it five days after you register a set? Five days after it reaches 75%? If you have a set that is almost complete, is a significant set in the Registry, why can't you get five free grades if you haven't used that opportunity before? I may have to write to a few of my friends to see if I can get an exception made...
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Mike,

I agree with the 5 day stipulation being strange. But I agree with the % completion requirement. Otherwise, I could register a few cards from every year and get 5 cards from each set graded for free. Keep in mind that the 5 free grades offer is valid for each set registered. By the way, I wonder if it applies to smaller sets like 1968 Topps 3D? With so few cards, you could grade a majority of the set for free.
    Please visit my eBay auctions at gemint
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    69topps8,

I received 5 free grades for my 1974 Topps Traded set (Which only has 44 cards)

Carlos

• Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    Maybe Im reading this wrong..but doesnt the stipulation of registering a "new set" that is 75% complete go against the spirit of the registry. If you really...really want 5 free subs...do not register a new set until you reach 75%..am I reading this right?

<< <i>we are offering five free grading submissions for anyone who would like to register a new set. To qualify, sets must be at least 75% complete, PSA graded. After validating your new set, you must contact customer service within five (5) days in order to take advantage of this free offer. >>

Maybe they should clarify the rules a little. I was under the impression before that when I reached 90% completion on say my 1965 set, I would be rewarded with 5 free subs. Now it has to be a new set and come in at 75% minimum?

Also...what about some of the smaller sets like "All-Time Steelers" or some team sets that may have only 20 cards max....does the same 5 free subs apply?

Any help would be appreciated!

John

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Basilone -- your concerns are the same as mine. Has the 5-day limit always been part of the free gradings? I realize they are offering something for free -- but I do submit hundreds of cards to PSA each year -- and I think that this 5-day stipulation sort of goes against the "spirit" of the original free grading award.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Do you get the free gradings by reaching the 75% plateau and then contacting them within 5 days. OR Do you get the free gradings by registering a "new set" that is 75% PSA complete already then contacting them withing 5 days. For those who really, really want the 5 free subs...would that not hold back people from registering their "new sets" until they become 75% complete?

John
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Did someone say FIVE FREE GRADINGS?

5!!!!!!!!!!

Although the rules look more difficult to qualify for than getting a student visa if your name is Mohamed Atta. Ok, bad example...
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    Now that is one funny post.!!!!!!!!image

It would be funnier if it wasn't the truth!
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES