Home Sports Talk
Options

Betty White died this morning

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a sports personality, but when you've made it to 99, I thought she deserved a mention.

She died at 9:30 this AM at her home. It is presumed she died from natural causes.

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

She was a legend of legends in her business. Her career spanned 8 decades. I thought about posting about her earlier but wasn't sure if it was ok on this forum. She is one of those rare personalities in the public spotlight that you never heard a bad thing about and was loved by all it seems. A very rare thing. We will miss you Ms. White. RIP

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember back in the 80s, I would spend weekends at my grandparents home and I was young and we would always watch Golden Girls and I became hooked. Yes, it's true, I'm a Golden Girls fan, and Sophia is my favorite!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP.

@doubledragon said:
    I remember back in the 80s, I would spend weekends at my grandparents home and I was young and we would always watch Golden Girls and I became hooked. Yes, it's true, I'm a Golden Girls fan, and Sophia is my favorite!

I too used to watch it at my grandparents house. My grandmother loved it. Good memories.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    RIP.

@doubledragon said:

I too used to watch it at my grandparents house. My grandmother loved it. Good memories.

Yes indeed, I can still remember every word of the entrance song, I miss those days.

• Options

Times were so innocent back then, no responsibilities, just being a kid and having fun. Now everything is so stressful, bills to pay, hiding from the landlord, my mexican neighbor siphoning gas from my car at 2 a.m., nothing but stress!

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

Loved it when she got tackled in the Snicker commercials. LOL :D

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWP said:
    Loved it when she got tackled in the Snicker commercials. LOL :D

https://youtu.be/3MbXGDKFC4A

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    element159element159 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭

To make it (sort of) sports related, some facts I learned:
    Betty White was alive for 552 of Babe Ruth's home runs. She was also alive for ALL of the New York Yankee's championships.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

this is why you do not discuss a no-hitter in the 8th inning

RIP