Home Autographs Forum
Options

Betty White DIes

bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just saw that Betty White has died before her 100th birthday.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/12/31/betty-white-dead-dies-golden-girls/

I don't own her autograph but I am sure there will be a spike in value for awhile.

Comments

• Options
    JMS1223JMS1223 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh no. I was really hoping this would NOT HAPPEN. I was just thinking about her a few hours ago and how she will turn 100 on January 17th. They were planning to have a special 100th birthday celebration event for her at movie theaters with a documentary commemorating her accomplishments. So sad and can’t believe she was just 18 DAYS away from making it to 100.

In my original autograph collection I had gotten her autograph ttm. She signed a few photos for me. Very nice lady. She was excellent ttm but stopped around 2019, I think, due to her advanced age. She was one of the best ttm signers.

Ahh can’t believe it. Soooooo close. :'(

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2021 2:10PM

@JMS1223 said:
    Oh no. I was really hoping this would NOT HAPPEN. I was just thinking about her a few hours ago and how she will turn 100 on January 17th. They were planning to have a special 100th birthday celebration event for her at movie theaters with a documentary commemorating her accomplishments. So sad and can’t believe she was just 18 DAYS away from making it to 100.

In my original autograph collection I had gotten her autograph ttm. She signed a few photos for me. Very nice lady. She was excellent ttm but stopped around 2019, I think, due to her advanced age. She was one of the best ttm signers.

Ahh can’t believe it. Soooooo close. :'(

Agreed. But she did get in 99 years and 348 days. I will consider myself lucky if I live that long.

Anyway, here's the Betty auto I got TTM back in 1996.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't believe it! Just yesterday I was reading about the run up to the big 100. I was going to send her an early birthday card but I decided that might be bad luck.

A few years ago I did get a signed photo of her and her dog TTM.

She was the last surviving cast member from the Mary Tyker Moore Show.

• Options
    JMS1223JMS1223 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

She was the last surviving cast member from the Mary Tyler Moore Show.

And the last surviving member of the main cast of the Golden Girls.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I always thought that was ironic as I think she was the oldest.