Home Sports Talk
Options

Bart Scott flips out on Joe Burrow

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

On ESPN Get Up, Bart Scott went on a rant about Zac Taylor and Joe Burrow. He is ptetty upset about the Bengals passing the ball late in the game when the game was out of reach for the Ravens. Bart Scott even suggested a bounty will now be placed on Joe Burrow.

Former Ravens Star Takes Aim at Joe Burrow and Zac Taylor: 'You Won a Lifetime Career of Ass Kicking'"

The ESPN personality sounded off on Burrow and Taylor following the Bengals' 41-21 win.

CINCINNATI — The Bengals outscored the Ravens 82-38 in two games this season. It was the first time they swept Baltimore since the 2015 season.

Former Ravens linebacker Bart Scott took exception with Cincinnati's decision to keep throwing the ball late in the game. He also didn't like some of Joe Burrow's postgame comments.

The former Pro Bowler sounded off on head coach Zac Taylor and Burrow on ESPN's Get Up.

"You won a lifetime career of ass kicking from the Baltimore Ravens," Scott said on Thursday morning. "Zac Taylor you're involved in this too. You wanna sit up here and run the score up. You won't get the benefit of the doubt. It's called red dot. Every Raven and former Raven understands what the red dot means. You can be swagged out, you're not no tough guys. You will not get the benefit of the doubt. I guarantee you he will not last long in this division. They're gonna make sure they become head hunters whenever they go against him. He gonna get the rib shot, he gonna get the neck shot, he gonna get the tackle his arms, make his head bounce off the ground shot, he gettin all that.

"They still got killas and Cincinnati, they got nice athletes, but they ain't got no killas over there."

Scott went on to say Taylor would be fired in the next four years.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just sour grapes from a Ravens homer.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Taylor will be fired? How about Harbaugh if he keeps going for 2 and losing games lol

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2021 3:09PM

Confession..... To the best of my knowledge, I've never watched ESPN. Not a minute. Hey,.....I'm going out now to stack firewood. You know what I mean?........THE IMPORTANT STUFF!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    Confession..... To the best of my knowledge, I've never watched ESPN. Not a minute. Hey,.....I'm going out now to stack firewood. You know what I mean?........THE IMPORTANT STUFF!

Back in the 90’s it was the premiere sports show, it was really good. It’s a shame how downhill it’s gone with there politically correct agenda.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Scott is a hypocrite. Baltimore's Wink Martindale provided plenty of bulletin board material last week for Burrows.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@Hydrant said:

Back in the 90’s it was the premiere sports show, it was really good. It’s a shame how downhill it’s gone with there politically correct agenda.

As a youngster, when ESPN first hit the airways, I thought it was the greatest! Watching 24 hours of nothing but unadulterated sporting events. It was a whole lot of rugby from New Zealand and Canadian football at first but who cared?! It gave us that natural treasure named Chris Berman! But as Perk mentioned, as the years rolled on it has evolved into something no longer resembling what it's initial purpose was, just pure unadulterated sports without any agenda.

• Options

Oh, Bart Scott is just bitter because his Ravens got spanked twice by the Bengals, besides, didn't the Ravens do the same thing to them last season? If I was Joe Burrow and Zac Taylor, I would have driven the score up even further, and then mailed a picture of Wink Martindale to John Harbaugh just to rub it in!

• Options
    edited December 31, 2021 7:13PM

If I'm wrong correct me... But....in 2019 the Ravens came to L.A. and stomped the Rams 45-6?.....that ended any playoff hopes the Rams had that season......I was there. Jackson looked good....but the Rams were terrible that year.....Jackson threw for 5 TDs. Maybe just to be a nice guy he should have called it quits at ONE.
    .....THAT'S ALL HE NEEDED FOR THE WIN!...... That clown at ESPN?......Do you think for a second he thought the Ravens should have gone easy on the Rams late in that game? I don't think so. He's an idiot.

• Options
    edited December 31, 2021 7:54PM

AND......points scored is important in determining who gets into the playoffs...... especially between teams in the same division. Last time I checked, the Bengals and Ravens are in the same division. Am I wrong?? That guy on ESPN is a nutcase.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    AND......points scored is important in determining who gets into the playoffs...... especially between teams in the same division. Last time I checked, the Bengals and Ravens are in the same division. Am I wrong?? That guy on ESPN is a nutcase.

It's like a distant tie breaker that hasn't been utilized in years

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2021 8:19PM

@Justacommeman said:

@Hydrant said:

It's like a distant tie breaker that hasn't been utilized in years

m

Maybe this will be one of those years. Besides...last time I checked...... football is NOT about being nice to the opponent.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn’t the Ravens run a play to continue a record when a kneel down was all that was needed not too long ago? Didn’t hear this a$$ clown complaining about the integrity of the game on that play.
    Brett Favre falling down in front of a defender to get the sack record because he hated Mark Gastineau.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    [Didn’t the Ravens run a play to continue a record when a kneel down was all that was needed not too long ago? Didn’t hear this a$$ clown complaining about the integrity of the game on that play. ]

Yep, too bad nobody reminded Bart Simpson Scott about that...........

"With three seconds left in Sunday's game against the Broncos, the Ravens decided not to take a knee to run out the clock and instead chose to tie a 44-year-old NFL rushing record. Up 23-7, coach John Harbaugh said it was "100 percent my call" for quarterback Lamar Jackson to run 5 yards, which allowed Baltimore to record its 43rd straight game of 100 yards rushing."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32335117/baltimore-ravens-gun-meaningful-rushing-record-lieu-ending-game-qb-kneel

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

I would agree - if you can't stop it, too bad. With that being said, if they are up by a lot why risk injury to your QB.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

there have been quite a few NFL games this season, this one included, where the score was out of reach and maybe 1-2 drives with the 2nd string QB could have been a good thing. games are much different than 7 on 7 in practice and one blind side hit on Burrow, well, I guess the HC has his reasons. Cincinnati put two beat downs on Baltimore this year and NFL coaches have long memories.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

As I mentioned before, I like Scott as an "analyst". And honestly, yes, his take here is somewhat wild and hypocritical as a lot of you have mentioned.

But if you ever get the chance to listen to him, give him a chance. Why? Because he brings this kind of honesty all of the time. And a lot of the time he brings a lot of insight. In this case, what he is saying is probably true, but only to guys like him who are super passionate and use these things as fuel.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

stupid comments from scott. i dont believe there is such a thing as running up a score, there is just playing hard for 60 minutes. if that means one team wins by 40, so be it. don't get mad, just play better defense.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can’t stand Bart Scott. In fact, half the time, I can’t even understand him.