Home Sports Talk
Options

Rams/Vikings

HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

I could be wrong, but I think the Rams had only won 3 games against the Vikings when they play in Minnesota before last Sundays game. And that covers 61 years! Somebody can check it out. Whenever when the Rams would play the Vikings in the old stadium OUTSIDE IN THE COLD they never had a chance. Plus the Vikings were a better team.....that always helps. TWO QUESTIONS....1). Do you think the weather in Minnesota gave the Vikings an added edge in the "Purple People Eater" era? 2). Can you think of any other team that has been so dominated by another team like the Vikings over the Rams?

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Vikings are 27-18-2 against the Rams and that is not that crazy

The Pats are 77-46-1 against the Bills
    The Pats against the Jets are 71-54-1

• Options
    edited December 28, 2021 11:41AM

@perkdog said:

Yes, but I was thinking about the Home vs. away win/loss statistics. Not overall....anyway.... Thanks for doing the research Perky! It just seems to me that the Vikings always mauled the Rams when they played in Minnesota. But why not......those Vikings have had some great teams over the years!

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you think of any other team that has been so dominated by another team like the Vikings over the Rams?

in the last 20 years, pretty much anyone and the Browns.

• Options

@keets said:
    Can you think of any other team that has been so dominated by another team like the Vikings over the Rams?

in the last 20 years, pretty much anyone and the Browns.

😂

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

@perkdog said:

Yes, but I was thinking about the Home vs. away win/loss statistics. Not overall....anyway.... Thanks for doing the research Perky! It just seems to me that the Vikings always mauled the Rams when they played in Minnesota. But why not......those Vikings have had some great teams over the years!

Ok I didn’t read your post properly, my apologies. The Vikings deserve a championship like the Bills but really I stand by saying that they had a good thing going with Keenum, Diggs & Thielen. Jefferson is a stud but For whatever reason Cousins will probably not get you guys a ring.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Hydrant said:

@perkdog said:

Ok I didn’t read your post properly, my apologies. The Vikings deserve a championship like the Bills but really I stand by saying that they had a good thing going with Keenum, Diggs & Thielen. Jefferson is a stud but For whatever reason Cousins will probably not get you guys a ring.

No apologies necessary, Perky!......I'm posting a lot the last few days.....probably most of it is incomprehensible. It's the meds. I'm in sickbay! You guys are all great! I'm in hallucination mode! 😵😵

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

Do you think the weather in Minnesota gave the Vikings an added edge in the "Purple People Eater" era?
    >
    I have seen several interviews where both the old Vikings and Rams were asked this and yes some of those games when the L.A. team got here, they didn't really want to play.

It didn't help when the Vikies showed up for the games wearing short sleeves and didn't use a sideline heater. Bud Grant wouldn't allow it.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set