Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Club Medals with Membership Engraving

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 28, 2021 11:04AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I like numismatic history of the people in our hobby and one of the most interesting things in this area is membership medals with names engraved on them.

Post many medals with engraved names, or just made for engraving in this thread.

Here's one of my favorites in my collection:

I don't have the following, but it shows my EPN medal can be slabbed by PCGS :)

Comments

• Options

I have a few and run across others that are meant for engraving but which I've never seen engraved.

Here's one I have. I know that these come engraved but I've never seen photos of one!

• Options

There are some modern club medals meant for engraving as well.

For example, the Colorado Springs Coin Club made the following. Any know how many of these were engraved?

• Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

LSCC has a uniface piece that is engraved for awards.

• Options
    edited December 28, 2021 3:47PM

@Coinosaurus said:
    LSCC has a uniface piece that is engraved for awards.

Very nice! Do you have any photos, with and without engraving?

I found the following on Gerry Fortin's blog from 2018. Looks like great work by Dan @dcarr! Are there any other designs or photos?

http://www.seateddimevarieties.com/Blog_Archives/March2018.htm

March 24, 2018

Premier LSCC Membership Trial Strike Medals Debut At Baltimore

Greetings from Baltimore once again and welcome to another edition of the Daily Blog.

As today's headline indicates, the first Premier LSCC Membership trial strike medals made their much anticipated debut at the LSCC regional meeting. Spectacular and stunning are best used to describe the new medals along with their perfect fit into the Capital Plastic holder. Both the medal and holder designs are the product of Jim Macor, the LSCC's staff graphic artist who continues to provide incredible artwork for Gobrecht Journal covers and now, our special medals. Dan Carr, at the Moonlight Mint, was able to capture the complete essence of Jim's design in high relief. Initial comments at the meeting for extremely favorable followed by the four piece set being on display at the LSCC club table through Friday and also on Saturday. Where the trial strikes will be featured next will be decided on Saturday as the initial set was funded by Gerry Fortin.

Ordered single silver medals and the four piece medal set will have each medal engraved on the reverse with the club members LSCC membership number and name. The engraving will be positioned between the PREMIER LSCC MEMBERSHIP legend and the lower devices. Clicking on the below image will initiate the download of a high resolution image for close examination of the individual medals.

Four Piece Premier LSCC Membership Medal Set

• Options
    Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

The TPG regularly grade Swiss Shooting Fest medals that have the winning competitor on the back. In the Richter book that covers these medals they have photos with some medals with names and the distance they were shooting. When I see a name with 300 meters or just under 1000 feet, I am impressed. That is quite the shot!

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 29, 2021 12:24AM

When I posted this one a while back I explained who the person was on this medal.
    Here is the link.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1062303/can-someone-tell-me-who-joseph-a-johr-was-and-he-had-a-1911the-first-american-coin-collector-medal

This one was never used.

The last one …….
    Micheal Wehner gave this medal to Don Allen personally
    He was a speaker at the second CSNA educational symposium in the North. PCNS was the host and I (he) was prez.
    The picture shows the people
    Sarah Nordin PCNS VP, Charles Fracchia, Don Allen, Joe Lang, Hal Dunn, Lee Kuntz CSNA president

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file