Home Sports Talk

HBO series about 80s showtime Lakers

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a new series coming to HBO about the 80s Lakers dynasty, Magic Johnson says he will not watch this. It is called, Winning Time: The rise of the Lakers dynasty.

https://youtu.be/TYOlUZrHRT8

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m with Magic, I won’t watch it either 😂

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    I’m with Magic, I won’t watch it either 😂

😂😂😂😂😂😂

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 28, 2021 11:34AM

Those were fun times in Lakers Land. Looking back, it was just as much about Larry Bird and the Celtics as it was about Magic and the Lakers. The common greating around here during that time was..."How about those Lakers?"......I stopped watching basketball after that. Who knows why? L.A. had basketball fever during the time of the UCLA Dynasty and Jerry West and Kareem and Magic period. EVERYONE followed those teams! Not anymore. Never here anyone talk about either team now......oh, well. Now it's all about the Rams......they are developing a very enthusiastic fan base......never had that before...... Times change.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest, I probably won't watch it either, I much prefer documentaries with real footage and interviews from the players themselves. Hollywood can be a bit over the top and exaggerate things.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I can find it online I'll definitely give it a watch. I still haven't been able to find Brady's Man In The Arena yet for free.

edited December 28, 2021 2:24PM

I was in a movie long, long ago but it wasn't a documentary. Joe Namath was my co-star.......I stole the show!......sometimes they show that BOMB on T.V. I watched it just the other night.....I tell EVERYBODY about my movie with Joe. They don't even know who JOE Namath is, except he's that old guy doing infomercials on LEAVE IT TO BEAVER and GOMER PYLE reruns.... I don't care....... And Carol Lynley....was she ever a doll!.....she made it all possible for me to be a STAR! I will always be grateful to her......The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant hates the whole episode..... does not like to hear about it.....15 gazillion times.... too bad for her........Joe, Carol, and me.......HOLLYWOOD DREAM TEAM!

P.S. The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant was and is NOW! hotter than Carol Lynley, may she rest in peace, could only dream of.......I just like to jerk her chain...... It's fun!!!!!

Just looked it up.......Carol Lynley died a couple of years ago. WHAT A BABE!!!!...R.I.P.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

I assume you were nominated for an Oscar.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

@Brick said:
    I assume you were nominated for an Oscar.

No. I was just driving a car. You gotta look really hard to see me. No Oscar.....not even a nomination.