Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Aikman rookie card opinions

Worth sending in to grade? I'm not sure if it's worth grading it at 100 dollars a pop now. Thanks.
Robert

Comments

• AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

No.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭

As a cowboys fan who grew up in 80s and 90s. Is Aikman even a pursued player?

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭

A PSA 9 is not worth $100, and you won't get a 10 because of the centering, let alone what we can't see from the pics. That's a $20 submission at best.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll never understand why people post such poor photos and ask for grading opinions.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

Do your homework and see what a PSA 9 is worth........then decide

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

There isn’t an 89 Score Aikman on the planet worth sending in at the $100 level, and that includes ones already in 10 holders.

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RufussCkingston said:
    A PSA 9 is not worth $100, and you won't get a 10 because of the centering, let alone what we can't see from the pics. That's a $20 submission at best.

That's what I was thinking about this one also, I appreciate your input. Sorry the pics weren't better, they don't do this card justice. Centering is what the issue is with this one, The penny sleeve makes it appear to have blemishes it doesn't have.

@JoeBanzai said:
    I'll never understand why people post such poor photos and ask for grading opinions.

Sorry the pics weren't up to your standards, maybe if I'm lucky I'll be an expert at it like you are. Happy Holidays.

@NJ80sBBC said:
    As a cowboys fan who grew up in 80s and 90s. Is Aikman even a pursued player?

Not that I feel I need to justify what I collect to you, I will just state that everyone on here has their preferences, I see a bunch I don't agree with and guess what? I just scroll on.

• fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Your opinion .poor picture.

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LandrysFedora said:

@JoeBanzai said:

Sorry the pics weren't up to your standards, maybe if I'm lucky I'll be an expert at it like you are. Happy Holidays.

You post a picture asking for opinions that is impossible to see the defects on the card and then take shots at people who would like to help you.

Classy.

Another poster to ignore.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

@JoeBanzai said:

@LandrysFedora said:

@JoeBanzai said:

You post a picture asking for opinions that is impossible to see the defects on the card and then take shots at people who would like to help you.

Classy.

Maybe you should have ignored it to begin with. I admitted the pics weren't the best but you can't let it go now can you?

@JoeBanzai said:

@LandrysFedora said:

@JoeBanzai said:

Classy.

I wasn't taking a shot at anyone, just responding to your passive aggressive comment which offered NO opinion just a scolding for not posting a perfect pic which I had admitted to.

@fiveniner said:

Yeah I gotta get a better phone for my pics. My bad.

@steel75 said:
    Do your homework and see what a PSA 9 is worth........then decide

Good advice, thank you.

edited December 26, 2021 1:33PM

@LandrysFedora said:

@fiveniner said:

Your phone is fine.... It's the angles and the fact you have it in a penny sleeve inside a card saver. Pic should be straight on and card should be raw/naked!!!

@RufussCkingston said:

@LandrysFedora said:

@fiveniner said:

Your phone is fine.... It's the angles and the fact you have it in a penny sleeve inside a card saver. Pic should be straight on and card should be raw/naked!!!

I have this habit of putting cards I may want to get graded into penny sleeves before going into the card saver. Is this a bad habit? Should they go straight to the card saver?

@LandrysFedora said:

I have this habit of putting cards I may want to get graded into penny sleeves before going into the card saver. Is this a bad habit? Should they go straight to the card saver?

That's fine..... but if you want a grading opinion, the card should be naked on the table... Card savers and sleeves conceal defects in pics...

@RufussCkingston said:

@LandrysFedora said:

That's fine..... but if you want a grading opinion, the card should be naked on the table... Card savers and sleeves conceal defects in pics...

Gotcha. Thanks for the advice!

• AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

I’d skip the penny sleeve, it’s your best chance to sing a corner while sleeving in the CS. Also just not necessary so why take the risk.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS