Home Autographs Forum
Options

What to do with Autographed 8x10s

Long story short, I have 3 autographed 8x10s that I had framed at Hobby Lobby and have been on the wall in my den for years. Well we are moving this summer to a smaller open concept home with fewer walls. I personally got all three of these autographs in the early 90s at card shows but I have no COAs because they were never intended to be sold.

Would you try to sell these on ebay or is there a better place to sell autographed pictures like this. The 3 photos are of Joe Namath, Dan Marino, and Tony Dorsett. Any suggestions are welcome or if you think that there is no way that anyone would buy these fearing that they are fake that's ok too.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, COAs don't make an item real, they only show that someone has said it looks real to them. If that person/company is respected in the collecting community then it will mean something.

If a potential buyer knows their stuff then they can self-authenticate, but others might prefer a COA.

In your case, the framing might help if selling locally, but on Ebay it will dramatically increase shipping costs.

I would say there is a market, but how much I don't know.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

BTW, if you can get an idea on postage costs you could always try to list them here on the Buy/Sell/Trade Sports Memorabilia forum.