Home Sports Talk

What a game.

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Chiefs vs Chargers game last night, great shoot out, neither team wanting to let go, this is why I love football.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 17, 2021 4:36AM

The Chargers opening kickoff the return guy tripped on his own two feet rather than score a definite TD, then they run the ball with Ekeler and he knifes through the D so they immediately get away from that because it’s apparently working too well so they decide to throw 3 passes in a row and all 3 passes that were right on the money the Receivers just dropped the ball like it was hot. That’s 3 times in a row. I felt bad for Herbert but other than that I’m glad they lost.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 17, 2021 11:15AM

The Chargers gave the Chiefs the win on a silver platter. Like Perky said, the Chargers opening drive was nuts! That was the game right there. You don't pass up 3 easy points against the Chiefs and win. That was a 10 point turnaround. How many easy field goals did the Chargers pass on? Three? When the Chiefs won the toss for overtime, GAME OVER!

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

Minute left…

up by 4…

Chance to make a two score game with a td.

Go for it!

Wait. It was only the end of the first half? Why didn’t they take a short FG?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    The Chargers gave the Chiefs the win on a silver platter. Like Perky said, the Chargers opening drive was nuts! That was the game right there. You don't pass up 3 easy points against the Chiefs and win. That was a 10 point turnaround. How many easy field goals did the Chargers pass on? Three? When the Chiefs won the toss for overtime, GAME OVER!

Yes, that is correct, they went for it on 4th down three times while in field goal range and failed all three times.

Like I said I got zero sympathy for the Chargers. They deserved to lose

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog I am sure you know who Bart Scott is. I don't know if you listen to sports radio. As I've said here before, I listen to a lot. Mostly local stations here in DFW, and I have been mixing in some Boston stuff. National sports radio is notoriously garbage. Not always, but it will usually not give you what you need.

Anyway, Bart Scott is on ESPN radio during the day and at different times. When I first happened upon him maybe six months ago or whatever, I was immediately impressed with him. He gives you real, honest, insightful takes on things. I am going to link a story that quotes him talking about something from 2016 and also get to my point. I was listening to him talk about this exact topic of this thread, today, and he was saying that this is this group of players, and coaches, and owners, are for the most part overwhelmingly the most stupid collection that he has ever seen. They just don't know what they are doing. With some exceptions of course. The article is funny, it's from 2016.

https://nypost.com/2016/12/30/bart-scott-dumb-bills-star-was-too-high-to-grasp-rexs-defense/amp/

@thisistheshow said:
    @perkdog I am sure you know who Bart Scott is. I don't know if you listen to sports radio. As I've said here before, I listen to a lot. Mostly local stations here in DFW, and I have been mixing in some Boston stuff. National sports radio is notoriously garbage. Not always, but it will usually not give you what you need.

Anyway, Bart Scott is on ESPN radio during the day and at different times. When I first happened upon him maybe six months ago or whatever, I was immediately impressed with him. He gives you real, honest, insightful takes on things. I am going to link a story that quotes him talking about something from 2016 and also get to my point. I was listening to him talk about this exact topic of this thread, today, and he was saying that this is this group of players, and coaches, and owners, are for the most part overwhelmingly the most stupid collection that he has ever seen. They just don't know what they are doing. With some exceptions of course. The article is funny, it's from 2016.

https://nypost.com/2016/12/30/bart-scott-dumb-bills-star-was-too-high-to-grasp-rexs-defense/amp/

Very good read lol. I’ve listened to Bart Scott many times

@MsMorrisine said:
    Yes.

Minute left…

up by 4…

Chance to make a two score game with a td.

Go for it!

Wait. It was only the end of the first half? Why didn’t they take a short FG?

Who knows?

@doubledragon said:
    >

Yes, that is correct, they went for it on 4th down three times while in field goal range and failed all three times.

Yes, DD I thought that's what happened. Oh, well. My cheeseburger and fries were awesome. What a screw up!

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm just glad I took my high blood pressure pills before the game and not after, that action
    may have saved me from a major coronary event that could have happened 3 times during the game.
    Mahomes pick, Mahomes throwing the ball at the ground instead of at Hardman, and Pringle bringing
    the ball out of the end zone on a kick return when he only made it to about the 15 yard line and there
    was a holding penalty so we started at about the 7 instead of 25 yard line.
    Thank goodness for Brandon Staley wanting to trounce the Chiefs by 30 points instead of 10.

The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant is in love with that Herbert kid. She told me last night that I'm still #1 but he's closing in fast. Good luck. She used to call him "Pimple Face.". Now.... she says its just an acne problem and she wants to recommend creams to help him. Help him? I'M THE ONE WHO NEEDS HELP! I told her that he needs to wash his hair. Problem solved. If looks could kill! When she was a teenager it was Terry Bradshaw! Now Herbert! HELP!

But it was a good game.

@Hydrant said:
    The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant is in love with that Herbert kid. She told me last night that I'm still #1 but he's closing in fast. Good luck. She used to call him "Pimple Face.". Now.... she says its just an acne problem and she wants to recommend creams to help him. Help him? I'M THE ONE WHO NEEDS HELP! I told her that he needs to wash his hair. Problem solved. If looks could kill! When she was a teenager it was Terry Bradshaw! Now Herbert! HELP!

LOL one of my buddies said “Herbert finally finished puberty” 😂😂😂😂