Does Topps even care anymore? Sad

Comments

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

Oops... LOL

• tulsaboytulsaboy Posts: 281 ✭✭✭

Oopsie! :)
    kevin

• ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

This hobby is getting very sloppy.... too much excess.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

need a better proofreader.

it is possible that this will become the norm as Fanatics monopoly inches closer.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

1981 Fleer level!

• picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

Topps hasn't cared for yrs !
    Customer service totally blows..

• Sadly it also feels like it minimizes the efforts of the Braves quite a bit. Reading that doesn't feel like a celebration of the best team in the league, but rather something a robot would write to describe to other robots the least exciting moments of a championship series.

• GilRGilR Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    edited December 15, 2021 11:36AM

Well, you just know that it won't be long before someone lists one of these cards on eBay as the "Wrong Manager Error Card" and asks for $500, even if the error is never corrected.

• PNWcollectorPNWcollector Posts: 300 ✭✭✭✭

"punctually defeated". Topps writers trying too hard. Keep it simple. it's a baseball card.

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since when is Dusty Baker the Atlanta manager?

• GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Topps now is just another route to print as many cards as possible. The per card profit is insane. At the end of the day, can you fault topps?

• GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

Apparently, Topps is in the process of issuing corrected versions. The vendor I ordered my set from e-mailed me day before yesterday and explained the situation, asking if I wanted to wait for the corrected version or go ahead and have the current version shipped. I went with the latter. Like I told them, the Braves should've won it in five anyway, so maybe this was appropriate on some level.

• pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure Dusty Baker is fan of this card.

• GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

@GilR said:
    Well, you just know that it won't be long before someone lists one of these cards on eBay as the "Wrong Manager Error Card" and asks for $500, even if the error is never corrected.

There's one up now with a $1200 starting bid and a BIN of $5900.

Seriously.

• parthur1607parthur1607 Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

I am a huge Braves fan and I wish Dusty Baker was the manager! Snitker gets way too much credit for what the Braves have accomplished. Not just this year but in recent years as well. I want one of these cards just because they left snitker’s name off!

• TiborTibor Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

No big deal. It's on the back of the card. Proof reading error. Ask Fleer about a true mistake,
    Billy Ripken FF card. Topps has made Rev. Neg. errors along with picturing the wrong
    player/person. More than likely Topps will reissue the correct version.

• BuckHunter68BuckHunter68 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    edited December 18, 2021 11:47AM

@parthur1607 said:
    I am a huge Braves fan and I wish Dusty Baker was the manager! Snitker gets way too much credit for what the Braves have accomplished. Not just this year but in recent years as well. I want one of these cards just because they left snitker’s name off!

I understand fans can like or dislike whomever or whatever they want. It IS good to understand the subject, however.
    Are you aware of Brian Snitker's contributions to the Atlanta Braves? If you ever met Brian Snitker and actually did a little research, you'd realize he is MORE than a qualified manager whom guys love to play for. He is one of the most respected, humble and knowledgeable men in baseball.
    Meanwhile, it's a glaringly poor production in it's entirety. The error is just an error...the copy reads poorly, in general.
    My honest guess?--again, just a guess...a woman that didn't watch any baseball wrote the copy.

"You've gotta be a man to play this game...but you'd better have a lot of little boy in you, too"--Roy Campanella

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

@parthur1607 said:

I understand not liking Snitker, but you should never wish for Dusty. He’s absolutely atrocious!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• BuckHunter68BuckHunter68 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

The more I read it, the worse it gets. That reverse is absolutely ridiculous. NONE of it is accurate.

"You've gotta be a man to play this game...but you'd better have a lot of little boy in you, too"--Roy Campanella

• MisterTim1962MisterTim1962 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited December 18, 2021 3:15PM

Topps has made Rev. Neg. errors along with picturing the wrong player/person.

Yup, like the 1966 Topps Dick Ellsworth card that is actually a photo of Ken Hubbs, who was killed in a plane crash in 1964! Talk about a bad mistake!

• FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

Dusty Baker is absolutely awful and lost with multiple stacked teams with his mismanagement. Giants, Cubs, Nationals, Reds, etc.

• nendeenendee Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

Well, in 3 years Topps will be out of the baseball card business - so maybe they are starting to look ahead to retirements and layoffs....

Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • 82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2021 1:38PM

Come 2025 I will be producing the exact same amount of MLB product as Topps.

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.