Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What happened to Ebay Bucks?

I just noticed that I have a big fat zero in my Ebay Bucks. I remember them limiting it but I didn't think much about it. Did they totally do away with it?

Shane

Comments

• Options
    PNWcollectorPNWcollector Posts: 302 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 14, 2021 7:43PM

Instead of getting eBay bucks with every purchase, they only offer it over 48 or 72 hour windows every now and then.

I think eBay figured out that with the amount of $$ people are spending during the pandemic, doling out eBay bucks with every purchase was unsustainable on their end.

• Options
    voxels123voxels123 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

eBay - makes no sense. You'd think they'd continue that promotion to decrease the deluge of sales OFF their site. But what do I know? I'm no eBay collectibles exec!

• Options
    ringerringer Posts: 342 ✭✭✭

ebay bucks were awesome while it lasted.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still get the eBay bucks offers. They occur roughly every three weeks, usually lasting from Monday at 9 am PST - Wednesday at 11:59 p.m. PST, but only in the amount of 5% on every purchase. Limits still apply. In fact, there is a current eBay bucks offer for me ongoing right now. The automatic 1% on every purchase is sadly no longer part of the deal.

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just received the 5% offer yesterday.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the 5% offer yesterday. I really miss how it used to be though. I remember the 8% offers and it seems i remember getting 10% ones infrequently. sadly, those days are gone. I used to get 100s of ebay bucks every quarter. not so much now.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn’t get it this time. It is strange how sometimes I get them and others I do not.

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

They discontinued them, I believe in January of this year.

I have never received any of their special offers, and I've been an ebay member since February of 2000!

Steve

• Options

There’s a way to opt in for them but I don’t know how offhand

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Ebay will usually post a deal for ebay bucks and you need to join. This is not often however.
    I made a whopping $1.25 for the last quarter.That sucks.

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

They’ve been selective on who to send the eBay Bucks offers. I don’t get them anymore probably because I actively make purchases. But my wife, who doesn’t buy much on eBay, gets them every other month or so. The last one was 5% bucks a couple weeks ago.

I miss those 8% and 10% bucks (max $100 per purchase).

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fiveniner said:
    Ebay will usually post a deal for ebay bucks and you need to join. This is not often however.
    I made a whopping $1.25 for the last quarter.That sucks.

I made $2. What to buy….