Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

I just wasted $300

I went to the AS game last night. What a load of horsesh!t. I knew going into this game that something had to happen to make this the worst AS game ever. It was held in Milwaukee, Selig is from here, baseball is having major problems again. I just knew something would go wrong. That national anthem singer was absolutely horrific. Off-key, cracking voice, and wrong words. But I guess that was not enough. When the 11th came around I actaully thought that maybe Milwaukee could actually have hosted one of the best AS games, We had already seen great defense and good offense and guys actaully hussling for a change. I was hoping for some dramatic win in the bottom of one of those innings. But oh no, that cant happen. Selig and the managers and the whoosy players decide they cant play anymore. Guess they knew that they already had our money and since there was nothing we could do about it they decided to head back to their private jets and go home and get some sleep. Last night was pathetic. As long as Bud and Wendy are around this city is going to keep getting shafted. I have wanted these idiots gone for years, because they just keep making it worse. I am almost glad this happened, it showed Selig that even Milwaukee does not like him anymore. We booed him everytime the camera was on him, we booed him when he was presenting the trophy to Giambi, and we booed him for that bonehead decision last night. Selig has got to get the point that the citizens of Milwaukee and wisconsin are not going to stick by him just cause he brough baseball back here. We are sick of his incompetance, we are sick of how he is running the brewers and mlb and wish he and his daughter would sell the team and resign from MLB forever so we can actually get people in here that know what they are doing.
Always looking to trade for: Good Rookies, Bonds, Boxes, Good GU, Good Autos. E-mail czimme7777@aol.com

The Greatest Players in the History of Pro Football
imageimageimage

Comments

• DerrickDerrick Posts: 4,287 ✭✭
    I agree. I don't understand Selig, and I actually don't WANT to understand him. He needs to be ditched, but it won't happen. He still has a lot more ruining to do of baseball before he takes a seat...this is just the beginning of the end.
  • where the players happy it got called?
    MY TRADE/SCAN PAGE
    CU REF'S: JRCCRUM -BIGGJC -Mikefromchester- nascar20 -Scott2141-Quasar31 -gordonrules - YanksFan - cardnyou - weisel510 - dodgerguy99- vcarterfany2k -baird34 - dewey -KBryant1 - ljmaya
    EBAY:150+FEEDBACK
    EMAIL:SPORTSGUY247@AOL.COM

I call them gimme girls they always tell me i can have it.

I'm just kiddin like Jason
  • DerrickDerrick Posts: 4,287 ✭✭
    I'm sure they WERE happy. Half of them could care less about the fans anyway...especially Mr. a$$hole Barry Bonds.
  • Both teams were out of pitchers. I understand what he did and i would probably have done the same thing. I wouldn't of tried to play the closers to long especially since they weren't even from your team so you wouldn't want to injure one of them. I don't know what the problem is. lol
  • Most of them said they were happy, because they were all tired and if it would be a shame to see somebody get hurt for extra innings. I will never watch a game of baseball again ever. These players are lazy and if baseball players care more about themselves getting hurt or risking injury for what fans paid 150-300$ for........then why even play baseball to begin with? Shame
  • yea but if they get hurt they can't play for the thousands more watching the team the 2nd half of the season
  • if if if..........Since when do real players think about getting hurt? If you love the game you so call play why worry about getting hurt? Basketball players can easily get hurt playing in allstar games than a baseball player sitting on a bench and going up for a bat and sitting in a outfield waiting for a ball to land in there glove.

these baseball players act like the worl series was the very next day. They get the day off for crying out loud and they can't pitch a few extra innings for the fans? I'm done talking about baseball. It is a boring game in my opinion and very lazy.

• << <i>yea but if they get hurt they can't play for the thousands more watching the team the 2nd half of the season >>

Exactley what i'm saying.
  • First please explain to me how do players have more of a risk of being injured if they play say 3 innings as opposed to 5 innings? It doesnt matter what inning it is, you have the same risk. I really wish they would have put in a position player to pitch just like a real game. Just send them up there and have them throw gopher balls. Thats fine with me. Dont have them doing anything like canseco, who actually tried to make real pitches, hence screwing up his arm. Just have them throw. If I am paying $175 for a ticket ($300-1250 scalped) I expect to see a game that has a finish. And I don't want to hear about all this whining from the players. We were willing to fork over all this money, the least you can do is put some effort into finishing the game instead of taking the easy way out. This was pathetic.
    Always looking to trade for: Good Rookies, Bonds, Boxes, Good GU, Good Autos. E-mail czimme7777@aol.com

imageimageimage
  • Get hurt doing what exactly?wow baseball is such a tough sport. A real mans sport I say.
  • The guys that were pitching normally only go about 3 innings max. I would only play them that long. Anyone who would keep them in would be pretty stupid. I understand you'd want to see a winner but you're just being selfish if you are looking to play a guy so long that he may get hurt just to see a winning run. The All-Star game is FOR FUN it doesn't count in the standings or anything so why risk it?!?!

• << <i>Get hurt doing what exactly? >>

Pitching the ball at 95 mph that what.
  • You know, I was expecting this to be one game where the Brewers and Miller Park did not rape me of my hard earned money. I I was looking forward to a great game and hope fully a great finish. Heck I was looking for ANY finish. I am too used to the Brewers pickpocketing me, I was so looking forward to a great game for once in Miller Park. But of course it doesn't happen and I am screwed out of sooooo much money this time. Ridiculous. I think by sticking by this pathetic organization I could have had one game where they didn't embarass themselves, but I guess even if the Brewers players aren't on the field they still somehow find a way to screw up the game. Ridiculous

imageimageimage
  • I believe back in the days - ted williams and joe played full games in the allstar game. In basketball allstar games you see the star players at the end if the game is close. The majority of the stars play most of the game not a lousy 2 first quarters and then go shower. Who wants to see travis knight or buck johnson in the 4th quarter with the game on the line? Allstar games are meant to be watched with something exciting happening, because how often do you get a bunch of great players all at once like that? ONCE A YEAR!! they can't throw a measly 4 innings? Nobody recieved the ted williams award, because nobody in this day of age of baseball deserves such a award in my opinion.

• Chris, why cant you realize they had other options besides keeping those same pitchers in there?

imageimageimage
  • Jeeze stop whining you shouldn't of bought the friggin tickets then if you hated the park so much. I don't really care how you lost your money and i really doubt anyone here does
  • smart remark from a eddie robinson fan. Baseball is over
  • if you ask me baseball is a buncha sh*t. ALL the players are in it for the money, and most are on steroids. They've gone on more strikes in the last 20 yrs than any other sport has in their history. they are a buncha baby's and if they cant finish a game, then the mlb should get new players. it wouldnt hurt them to throw 4 innings instead of 3. that extra inning isnt gonna kill them. Look back at the beginning, with ruth, robinson, williams, they played for fun, and because they loved the game. Now days everybody wants their $10 million paycheck every year, and if its only $9.9 million they go on strike. It fu*ing pathetic!!!!
  • When did I ever say I hated the park? And yes people should care about fans getting robbed of their money. This is just another example of how baseball is screwing the fans over. It didnt matter where this happened, the fans got screwed out of tons of money cause these BB players are a bunch of whooses. I bet you would be singing a different tune if you had gone to the AS game wherever you are from and this had happened. Its a whole lot different when it is in your town and when you spend the money

imageimageimage
  • The only other time an AS game ended in a tie was in 61' and it was rained out. I understand how the teams ran out of pitchers but this just shows how bad baseball is getting, they cant even finish a damn ball game. i was really upset when they ended it with no victor.
    Rest in peace Josh, we'll all miss you
  • i was definately pissed when i was watching this great game just to find out there was going to be NO winner! it sucked! zito only pitched to ONE batter, and morris was watching from the bench, couldnt they just bend the rules, it wouldve spaired them of the embarassment of getting booed outta the stadium. plus they couldve did a switch. let some1 lob it to the plate. im quickly losing how much i like baseball! hopefully it gets better...