Comments

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2022 2:57PM

Coin collecting interests: Latin America

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been a good year learning die varieties and putting that knowledge to use on eBay. Lots of cherries picked.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2021 9:35PM

@KingOfMorganDollar said:

@Barberian said:
    It's been a good year learning die varieties and putting that knowledge to use on eBay. Lots of cherries picked.

Knowledge is key and well worth the time and money. I spent about 2500$ this year on books and other learning tools since this is my 1st full year in the area I collect. Moving forward will be a whole lot cheaper. Still tons to learn but now have the material to push forward. Will always try and buy new books but they will not cost me anywhere near what I paid this year.

Luckily for me, the references I use (Bill Bugert's excellent series of volumes on SLH die marriages) are available online for free. The Liberty Seated Collectors Club has good online references for several seated liberty series.

I forgot this is the World Coins board. I collect mainly Canadian halves and dollars in foreign coins and use the information available on Coinsandcanada(dot)com, the Saskatoon Coin Club, and other sites.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options

• Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭

2021 was a great year for my coin collection. I bought my first gold coin, and it appears I will finish with 16 gold coins in collection. Today, I added "lucky angel coin (20 franc french coin)" to my collection. It helped that we got allllll this stimulus and my job allowed me to do alot of overtime to fiance my coin obsession!

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Barberian said:

@Barberian said:

Knowledge is key and well worth the time and money. I spent about 2500$ this year on books and other learning tools since this is my 1st full year in the area I collect. Moving forward will be a whole lot cheaper. Still tons to learn but now have the material to push forward. Will always try and buy new books but they will not cost me anywhere near what I paid this year.

Luckily for me, the references I use (Bill Bugert's excellent series of volumes on SLH die marriages) are available online for free. The Liberty Seated Collectors Club has good online references for several seated liberty series.

I forgot this is the World Coins board. I collect mainly Canadian halves and dollars in foreign coins and use the information available on Coinsandcanada(dot)com, the Saskatoon Coin Club, and other sites.

Some world books can be quite expensive and rare. For example there is one book I have been looking to buy for over a year and have yet to see one up for sale. If say you collect Great Britain or Canada they (books/guides) tend to be easy and a lot cheaper.

That’s what the Buy, Sell, Trade forum is for. If you post your wants there, someone might be able to help.

There is plenty of knowledge, hoarding (ahem…), and searching eyes on this forum.

• Options
    1984worldcoins1984worldcoins Posts: 596 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was a great year for me, bought lots of rare coins and I found this forum, learned a lot.

Coinsof1984@martinb6830 on twitter

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m mostly lite side, but I’ve gotten some excellent coins this year!

• Options

@pruebas said:

@Barberian said:

@Barberian said:

Some world books can be quite expensive and rare. For example there is one book I have been looking to buy for over a year and have yet to see one up for sale. If say you collect Great Britain or Canada they (books/guides) tend to be easy and a lot cheaper.

That’s what the Buy, Sell, Trade forum is for. If you post your wants there, someone might be able to help.

There is plenty of knowledge, hoarding (ahem…), and searching eyes on this forum.

I will have to use it more moving forward I forget about it many times.

• Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin collecting is always enjoyable both in buying and selling what interests me each year. This year the coins I purchased were somewhat on the high end side so there was not the volume. I sell the duplicates that I have in the series I collect, can't think of a better hobby!

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.