Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

What are your thoughts on what grade this 1999 Charizard would get?

scotty432scotty432 Posts: 17

Might send this to get graded, just wondering.
Thanks in advance!!!

Tagged:

Comments

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

• steel75steel75 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 9, 2021 1:35PM

A lot of white/chipping showing on the back.......6 maybe

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 9, 2021 2:14PM

The pics are too low-res to really tell, but based on the back, I'd say 6-7 for PSA, CGC with subgrades would probably get up to 7.5. I'd send it to CGC for $35 with subs (unless you have 49 other cards and can do bulk)... Can't sub to PSA at current prices since it's just a ho-hum unlimited version.

• Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • voxels123voxels123 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

PSA is BRUTAL on these types of cards. I was thinking a 7 on a very good day

• parthur1607parthur1607 Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

I don’t understand the Pokémon craze. I can understand someone spending ridiculous money on a sports card. The people on sports cards actually did something that will rarely, if ever, be done again (Hank Aaron 755!). These silly cartoon characters never did anything and never will yet the cards keep getting printed and young people keep going crazy over them. I can ALMOST understand the 1st edition Pokémon but not for 200k. Maybe 1k…

• voxels123voxels123 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

Since it's been going on for over 30 years, it would be stupid to call Pokémon a "craze."

Further, this is a collectors' forum, whatever the item. It's patently absurd to criticize pieces of paper you don't understand because you do understand the pieces of paper you actually do collect, regardless of your purported and I'm sure well-reasoned logic.

Do you understand?

• threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 10, 2021 5:26AM

Probably a 6, maybe a 7 on a good day.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • jimqjimq Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

Are you grading it to sell or to keep? If you're keeping it, I would wait till the prices come down. I don't know if I would grade it to sell, they're pretty hard on cards with white showing.