Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Miniature Weimar notes as postage stamp size mystery

Has anyone seen any of these, or come across any reference to anything similar?
[US 5 Dollar bill for size comparison]

I got these three postage stamp sized replicas of miniature Weimar Republic era notes at a show some 20 years ago.
I have not come across any others since. They are at least 30 years old (the previous owner had had them for over a decade - these were his spares).

The are blank and ungummed on the reverse - I doubt they are stamps of any kind.
Two of them have been scribbled on in pencil, which might suggest that one of the previous non-collector owners may have been a child.

Any info on them would be great!

Comments

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

I could be mistaken but they might be income tax stamps. We'll see. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• Thanks for that interesting thought - I will see what I can did up on Income Tax stamps, and look for matches.