Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Went to the Numismatic Museum in Athens, Greece today….Talers

There were coins there that I just shook my head, the coins were virtually perfect…like below….I will post more as I go….

Comments

• Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow!

• Options
    Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2021 3:12AM

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm, I thought I would be viewing a wonderful grouping of ancients! Where's the Greek stuff! :#

• Options

@amwldcoin said:
    Hmmm, I thought I would be viewing a wonderful grouping of ancients! Where's the Greek stuff! :#

These coins were in the Greek Numismatic Museum! One set of coins and I don’t recall which set, was donated with the understanding that anyone wanting access to the coins for research should have access to them!

• Options
    edited December 4, 2021 1:03AM

• Options

Check out the relief on this one!

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Otto never looked more determined. Thanks for sharing. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice to get to visit there! You should see if Dimitri was hanging around :smiley:@SYRACUSIAN

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful coins!!!

Coin collecting interests: Latin America

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

It’s a wonderful little oasis in the middle of Athens, even for non collectors. It’s also worth visiting it with a set of headphones, as a personal guide, available in many languages. Nice post.

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

You know what is crazy? I spent 4 days there in 2018 about 4 blocks from the Museum and never made a visit. I knew about it, and intended to go, but there was so much going on, I never made it there. And that is the reason I'm planning to go back in late 2022!

Tom

• Options

@TPRC said:
    You know what is crazy? I spent 4 days there in 2018 about 4 blocks from the Museum and never made a visit. I knew about it, and intended to go, but there was so much going on, I never made it there. And that is the reason I'm planning to go back in late 2022!

We were there several years ago and didn’t even know it was there, it was just around the corner from where we were staying…we were just across the street from the tomb of unknown soldier.