Home Sports Talk
Options

countless Pats fans.........a diehard Bills fan.........and those two teams are about to throw down

2»

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    Would things have changed if that missed FG were made?

14-13 then yes Buffalo would have tried the FG rather than a prayer on 4th on that last drive. That missed FG was massive

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:
    Three passing attempts and they still got the win. Crazy.

Insane. I was thinking they were overplaying their hand running on 3rd and long but they got it done

I was expecting some out of the blue Play Action in that last quarter after setting them up literally all game but we never saw it. Buffalo played tough though,that next game will be a real battle.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:
    We were the better team. The Bill's only TD came off of a turnover. Great win.

Harry should be cut, I mean I might wake up tomorrow and fall back on that a little bit but not likely

I couldn't believe it. His helmet. WOW!!!

I just couldn’t believe he went after it in the way he did, he should have ran away from it. Stupid

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

Insane. I was thinking they were overplaying their hand running on 3rd and long but they got it done

I was expecting some out of the blue Play Action in that last quarter after setting them up literally all game but we never saw it. Buffalo played tough though,that next game will be a real battle.

My thoughts exactly

• Options

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

My thoughts exactly

So if I got this right,your buddy didn’t end up covering did he?

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

My thoughts exactly

It did feel like we were a bit too conservative. One time or two on third down we ran, didn't pick it up, and I thought we should have tried a pass play.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

My thoughts exactly

So if I got this right,your buddy didn’t end up covering did he?

Nope. I told him he was crazy, but I don’t feel all that bad. He can legit afford it so he is fine.

• Options

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2021 4:00AM

i had zero skin in that game but i feel like i need to take a prolonged shower or maybe take some shots of something because that spectacle left me with a really bizarre feeling

the entire time i was thinking about perk's friend who dropped 1250 on Buffalo...........the Bills kept getting close, couldn't house it, New England ran the ball on almost every play, couldn't stop it..............it was so excruciating to watch. if my account had been loaded i would've done same thing, because i was feeling the Bills all week as well. turns out that feeling was jock itch or crabs or something. hell if someone had told me that New England would throw for 19 yards i might've taken out a second mortgage this afternoon

weirdestgameever

congrats fellas. for those playing in our contest, the updated standings will be up shortly

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you see the wind gusts picked up speed in the 4th?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@galaxy27 said:
    i had zero skin in that game but i feel like i need to take a prolonged shower or maybe take some shots of something because that spectacle left me with a really bizarre feeling

the entire time i was thinking about perk's friend who dropped 1250 on Buffalo...........the Bills kept getting close, couldn't house it, New England ran the ball on almost every play, couldn't stop it..............it was so excruciating to watch. if my account had been loaded i wouldn't done same thing, because i was feeling the Bills all week as well. turns out that feeling was jock itch or crabs or something. hell if someone had told me that New England would throw for 19 yards i might've taken out a second mortgage this afternoon

weirdestgameever

congrats fellas. for those playing in our contest, the updated standings will be up shortly

I put a $25 parlay in on prop bets, I didn’t touch the game itself. If I was forced to bet on or against the Pats I would have taken the points with New England 100% I was pretty optimistic about our chances..

Definitely a weird game, I kept thinking they were going to surprise everyone and actually try to throw the ball on 3rd and +5 or so for a first down lol.

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    Did you see the wind gusts picked up speed in the 4th?

How about when Allen tried to hit Diggs in the front right corner of the end zone and the ball was blown a few yards out of bounds lol.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

the game wouldnt have been as close as it was had Henry not seen the field.

I would not be upset if he never saw the field in a Patriots jersey ever again.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2021 4:18AM

as i said last night, i really didn't care about the outcome. i was just riveted by what i was watching. it even got to a point where i was literally saying out loud, "no more catches, no more catches, no more catches." Lord willing, in a quarter century or so i wanted to be able to tell anyone who'll listen that i watched an NFL tilt where one team had a solitary pass completion the entire game and won

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

Huge kudo's to Pat's defense and offensive line.
    When the Pats didn't even try to score at the end of half with good field position and plenty of time
    BB basically was saying the D is going to win the game for us. And they did. The defense must feel pretty
    proud today knowing the head coach has that much confidence in them.
    And also how does Buffalo not stop the run when they know its coming on every single play!
    The Pats running backs and O line should be given season balls, the hell with game balls, for that performance.

Amazing strategy and execution to win a game and basically not throw a meaningful pass the whole game.

• Options

We’re about to get round two in NE on Sunday, will our Bills fan make a prediction this time?

• Options

I’m keeping my mouth shut as far as predicting this one. I’m not high on the Bills anymore and after the pats looked like garbage against the Colts I think it’s best to watch the game and see who the better team is this week.

GO PATS!!!!

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I’m keeping my mouth shut as far as predicting this one. I’m not high on the Bills anymore and after the pats looked like garbage against the Colts I think it’s best to watch the game and see who the better team is this week.

GO PATS!!!!

After the way NE played like ass for most of that Colts game coming off a bye I think at the very least that BB will have them ready to go from the start this time around.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

We got this!