Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Pulled 3 autographs from dollarama presstine packs ( Photos added )

slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 30, 2021 7:15PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

bought the last packs at the dollarama today at the mall. the mixed red bag ones.. and pulled 3 auto's ..also multiple prospects cards and mixed years (1981-2021)

1: Be a player - Carey Price autograph
2: Signature rookies - Kevin Bolibruck autograph
3: Pinnacle - Dave Manson autograph
4: Minor league - Tuukka Rask
- Carey Price
- Pekka Rinne
- Johnathan Bernier
- JIm Carey
- Henrik Sedin
- John Tavares
- Jason Spezza
5: SPx - Fedor Fedorov 563/1250
6: 1980 topps - Bob Bourne
7: 1983 topps - tom Lysiak
- Ken Morrow

Comments

• slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

these packs.. I love to go through them when in stock.

• baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭

I like the Vlady rookie

GO wings!

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the Islander cards. What a team back in the day.

glad like the cards. I never know what ill pull from those bags.

• mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

Was it worth it? Sounds like it was.

Have really no clue on Hockey cards outside of the biggest names. Guessing no-name autos (especially minor league sets like SR) are similar to baseball, lucky to get a buck each.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
    edited December 1, 2021 7:54PM

The Carey Price's sold around the 50-70 range on ebay . you get around 40-50 cards a bag and sometimes you get 8-10 toploaders or 100 pennysleeves thrown in as well as 70's-80's cards up to the 2000's.and once and a while you can pull game-used. (4 game-used) at the moment.

Am unsure where i've set the 4th game used at the moment but here are three of the game used ive pulled from the bags

• FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 459 ✭✭✭

I have never seen these before. They look fun!

they are lots of fun and only $2 a bag here at the dollarama. i usually try to grab as many as can when they have them in stock.. and you can also buy them by the case from the dollarama website.

How big is the bag shown in post #2? I was imagining about the size of a potato chip bag, the 7-8 oz variety, not the individuals or the family bags.

$2 sounds like a repack set worth buying, especially if the bag is as large as I was imagining. most of the repacks seem to be worth less than the cost, filled with pure garbage.

edited December 2, 2021 7:57PM

about that size yes - you get around 40-50 cards a bag .. and sometimes toploaders or 100 pennysleeves with the cards . ive bought over 200 of those bags since they came out . pulled around 300 top loaders or so and mayve close to 1000 penny sleeves,, i have a shoe box full of packs of them from those bags.. ill have to load a pic of the box of pennyloaders soon.

• NorcalNorcal Posts: 275 ✭✭✭

Have you ever opened the other bags/packs of other sports? Are they any good?
    Thanks

ive used up all my top loaders from the bag but heres the pennysleeves ive pulled over time from this bags

edited December 2, 2021 8:12PM

the red bags only come in hockey but they do have 80 card packs of baseball (not in a while though) at the dollarama. they dont carry football or the basketball at the store though.. ive pulled cards back to 1975 from the baseball ones. a few serial numbered too .. one baseball card was numbered 38/50.

• NorcalNorcal Posts: 275 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the info and nice hits on the cards. Congrats!

edited December 2, 2021 8:20PM

thanks.. i know you can buy packs from the company as well (presstine) . the 1975 card was interesting.. it was a partial blackless.

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

I checked out the direct site and even put 3 baseball packs into a cart. I got a discount down to $2.49 on one pack, the others were $5.49 each. in the end, it was almost $20 for 3 packs though with $5 shipping. If i saw them in a store where I didn't have to pay shipping and if they were reduced, like it sounds the Hockey packs are if they are only $2, I'd at least give them a shot.

edited December 3, 2021 7:15PM

yes , best to wait till get em from the dollarama.. no shipping fees. i noticed was going to cost more buy from the site then the store.

• GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

Love that Tim Kerr. He was an absolute bull, especially when he parked right in front of the net.

thanks and oh I hit one of the other dollarama's in our city ( there are 5 of them ) and bought an almost full case of bags (26/28 bags) and pulled some good hits today. pulled 1 error card , 4 game used , 1 autographed and 23 cards dating 1981-1989. among the regular pulls.

and the error .. partial stats for different player on reverse side

• AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

Are these a cold weather city phenomenon? Never heard of this store

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS

the Dollarama? they are all over canada.. thought the U.S. had that store too .

• 80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Slimies - pm me your address, will send you a bunch of this stuff gratis

thanks . what kind of stuff ?

• 80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pm sent, have lots of hockey singles similar to these dollar store packs you can have, will cover shipping as
    Well

sent reply to you