Home Sports Talk
Options

Kareem Hunt's dad rips Baker Mayfield

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

First OBJ's dad ripped into Baker Mayfield and now Kareem Hunt's dad is taking a shot at Mayfield.

KAREEM HUNT SR.
RIPS BAKER MAYFIELD
... 'He's Scared To Throw'

The dads are at it again in Cleveland.

Kareem Hunt Sr. -- father of Browns star running back Kareem Hunt -- ripped Baker Mayfield after an ugly loss to the Ravens on Sunday ... saying the quarterback is simply scared to throw the ball.

Emotions were clearly high after Cleveland lost 16-10 at Baltimore -- despite intercepting Ravens' QB Lamar Jackson four times -- and well, Kareem's pops didn't hold back.

"[Baker's] limping he's scared to throw the ball and they know he's hurt they going to keep listening but if people don't like what I'm saying unfriend me," Hunt Sr. said.

"I'm not jeopardizing nothing I got a right to speak I ain't posting no videos have a good day go Browns hopefully."

Now, this isn't the first time the father of a star Browns player took aim at Cleveland's signal-caller -- Odell Beckham Jr.'s father shared a lengthy video on social media detailing the lack of chemistry between Mayfield and his son.

Beckham was released by the Browns shortly after ... leading many to believe the video was carefully orchestrated by the Beckham camp to "#FreeOdell."

Now, it seems like Hunt Sr.'s turn to take a shot at the Mayfield ... who has struggled to quarterback the 6-6 team lately.

In Mayfield's defense, he's opened up about dealing with several injuries ... including a torn labrum in his left shoulder, a groin injury, and a left heel issue.

Injuries or not, it doesn't seem like Kareem's dad thinks Mayfield is the right answer at the QB position ... and Cleveland's underwhelming season continues to get more and more embarrassing.

Comments

• Options

Being a Cleveland Brown has aged Baker Mayfield in dog years.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2021 10:53AM

Yes, the father of a guy who can barely make the field while averaging less than 3 yards a carry should definitely be griping about his team's quarterback.

"Tell me you want your son cut without telling me you want your son cut."

• Options

I'm just anxious to see which Brown's players dad goes after him next, Baker is getting the crap beat out of him by dads this season.

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

Baker looks terrible, he has had one good game in 6 weeks. Presumably he is only playing because his backups are even worse. Injuries have taken their toll on him and given that they are 2-5 in their last 7 games, they need to put him on IR or bench him until he is healthy again.

The biggest mistake the Browns can make is to sign him to a long term deal. Doesn't mean he won't have one or two good seasons but he isn't worth $35+ million a year as a Brown and that is what he would cost for a 4 or 5 year deal.

Robb

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

wasnt Hunt the guy who got cut from the Chiefs a few years ago for conduct detrimental?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

news flash --- The Cleveland browns problem isn't the players, any player or group of players. the problem with The Browns right now is that week after week they are getting OUT COACHED, it's that simple and embarrassing. think about it --- in the time of one season Kevin Stefanski has gone from appearing to turn the franchise around and winning Coach of the Year honors in 2020 to looking inept, unwilling or unable to make any sort of in-game changes, incapable of having a game plan to take advantage of the opponent, having players who continue to make the same mistakes which hurt the Team repeatedly.

last night was a prime example of this.

if you watched the same game as I did, you saw a Team with receivers who cannot get open or separate from man-coverage, who cannot find any opening in a zone and cannot hold onto a pass right on the numbers. considering the pressure that The Ravens decided to attempt on most downs, a scheme designed to eliminate the running game, that is ridiculous. either the receivers suck canal water or the Team cannot design plays to accomplish anything, anything that even the worst Teams in the NFL do as a matter of routine every week.

to my way of thinking the problems started to really become stark during Week Six against The Cardinals. starting with that game The Browns have scored: 14, 17, 10, 41(how in the hell did that happen), 7, 13 and 10 points. that is atrocious and points to a problem that the Coaching staff doesn't seem willing or able to address.

yesterday had a sequence that put things in perspective. The Ravens tried a fake punt on 4th down and Cleveland had 12 men on the field, but the penalty was removed because The Ravens snapped the ball before Cleveland had a chance to fully substitute. OK, that makes sense. immediately following that play, on the next play after the fake punt had been exposed and The Ravens punted, _ The Browns again had 12 men on the field and gave up a first down_!!! incredible. that's all Coaching and Stefanski just stood there and smiled, helpless to discipline his Team. any other HC would have gone ballistic.

another point: they intercepted Lamar Jackson four freakin' times and scored a whopping 10 points.

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2021 12:38PM

They should probably give the ball to Hunt more. He is tough. Really tough. The video that shows him pushing and hitting the woman showed how strong he is. I wouldn't get in his way. Give him the rock. SR should totally shut up.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I'm just anxious to see which Brown's players dad goes after him next, Baker is getting the crap beat out of him by dads this season.

I bet even Baker's father-in-law is grumbling about what a loser Baker is. Heck, maybe even Baker's very own father is looking into getting a burner account on Twitter just so he can air some grievances, too. All dads are rightfully angry at Baker right now!

• Options

@countdouglas said:

@doubledragon said:

I bet even Baker's father-in-law is grumbling about what a loser Baker is. Heck, maybe even Baker's very own father is looking into getting a burner account on Twitter just so he can air some grievances, too. All dads are rightfully angry at Baker right now!

We need to get a grandma into this, they're feisty, a grandma will get Baker back in line!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@countdouglas said:

@doubledragon said:

Maybe they can write that story line into his commercials.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:

[ The Browns right now is that week after week they are getting OUT COACHED, it's that simple and embarrassing. think about it --- in the time of one season Kevin Stefanski has gone from appearing to turn the franchise around and winning Coach of the Year honors in 2020 to looking inept, unwilling or unable to make any sort of in-game changes, incapable of having a game plan to take advantage of the opponent]

Unfortunately, it seems this is what the Browns coaching staff has become..........

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2021 3:16PM

Monkey see Monkey do, I mean give the kid a break for god sakes, he is playing through multiple injuries and is giving his all, the poor guy shoulders the blame without any excuses and takes full responsibility for the losses in a classy way.

I like him for his attitude and guts, do I think he is a top tier QB? No he is not but he gives his all and is a team player.

It’s a business of winning and he is in a position to live up to being a first overall pick, so it comes with the territory but enough of teammates family members sticking their nose where it don’t belong.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2021 3:24PM

maybe if Stefanski would let the OC call plays then he could focus on making sure everyone else is doing what they're supposed to be doing. right now he's wearing too many hats and the result is that Stefanski out-thinks himself instead of the other Team.

I walked away from last night's loss wondering who is left on their schedule that they can beat and can't answer that question almost 24 hours later.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    news flash --- The Cleveland browns problem isn't the players, any player or group of players. the problem with The Browns right now is that week after week they are getting OUT COACHED, it's that simple.......

Yes, Yes, and Yes. It's that simple....... Same thing with the Rams.........Browns and Rams, both good teams,.....terrible coaching decisions!

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's almost like sitting in the stands at a little league game.....Father Knows Best......I can't wait until the Browns players Mommies start chiming in.......THAT'S WHEN IT GETS REALLY UGLY!!!!!! 🙅

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

do i think baker is a great QB? nope. do I root for him every week, yup. dude is tough on a whole other level. i will never question his heart. I used to think I was fairly tough and able to work through injury etc. nope, baker is about 25 levels tougher than me.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    do i think baker is a great QB? nope. do I root for him every week, yup. dude is tough on a whole other level. i will never question his heart. I used to think I was fairly tough and able to work through injury etc. nope, baker is about 25 levels tougher than me.

To be fair he has potentially a 100 million dollar incentive to stay motivated lol