Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

FSH: raw 1928 Peace Dollar

seanqseanq Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 28, 2021 8:18PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

This coin belonged to my father, who got it from his father. Grandpa was a conductor on the New Haven line and probably got this in circulation in the 1940s. Grades somewhere in the VF/XF range, it was probably cleaned a long time ago. I have had it in a 2x2 in a shoebox since the late 1980s. Dad asked me to dig it out and see what I can get for it.

$125 postpaid, Paypal only.

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give him $175 and keep it in the family

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ +1

Martin

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    Give him $175 and keep it in the family

I definitely thought about it... I collect a lot of things, but Peace Dollars aren't one of them. I'd rather see it go to a collector who will appreciate it.

Sean Reynolds

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is that the coin is visibly cleaned and is not really worth 175. If it was a 21 you would get it but not for a XF details harshly cleaned 28 at this time - you might could get 100 or 150 - so I agree with the others keep in the family.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Che_Grapes said:
    The problem is that the coin is visibly cleaned and is not really worth 175. If it was a 21 you would get it but not for a XF details harshly cleaned 28 at this time - you might could get 100 or 150 - so I agree with the others keep in the family.

Check eBay completed

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Now that we have heard from everyone who doesn't want to purchase this, I have lowered the price to reflect the condition.

I appreciate the sentiment, but I have plenty of other stuff from my dad that has personal value to me and is not for sale. I just think a key date Peace Dollar belongs with a Peace Dollar collector.

Sean Reynolds

• Options

This coin is no longer available.