Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

RIP Mark Roth

Passed away at age 70. I enjoyed watching him bowl on tv in the 70's and 80's.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

Comments

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Roth dominated the PBA Tour in the 1970s, and is famous for boosting the modern power game with his powerful cranking release. He is credited for revolutionizing the sport and inspired a generation of bowlers with his hard-throwing style.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• nam812nam812 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP

Mark Roth, Earl Anthony, Johnny Petraglia and Marshall Holman shaped my bowling youth.

• StatsGuyStatsGuy Posts: 100 ✭✭✭

I got the chance to meet him and have a pic taken during his heyday in a tourney in Tonawanda outside of Buffalo. I wonder what he thought about today's 2-handed bowlers?

Gretzky,Ripken, and Sandberg collection. Still trying to complete 1975 Topps baseball set from when I was a kid.

• RIP, was a game changer. there would have never been characters like Rudy Revs without Mark Roth

• rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

@nam812 said:
    RIP

Mark Roth, Earl Anthony, Johnny Petraglia and Marshall Holman shaped my bowling youth.

Those names remind me of the last verse of this song. (Skip to about 1:10 for the start).

Warning - lots of swearing.

https://youtu.be/peuBMXqMI7o

• baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

RIP
    sad news a throwback to my youth bowling

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• CaptMorgansCaptMorgans Posts: 102 ✭✭✭

He was also ambidextrous. Saw him bowl 240 left handed in an charity event in my home town some years back. My hero as a 13 year old bowler.

• are there any bowling cards out there?

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hifisapi said:
    are there any bowling cards out there?

Yes sir. I always liked the 1972 and 1990 sets. Mark Roth is in the 1990 set.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• @CaptMorgans said:
    He was also ambidextrous. Saw him bowl 240 left handed in an charity event in my home town some years back. My hero as a 13 year old bowler.

many bowlers are , I bowled my daughters boyfriend and whooped him left handed. then I told him I was a righty so he certainly was not worthy to be dating my daughter. She got rid of him right after that :D