Home Sports Talk
Options

Skip Bayless took the Cowboys loss hard

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

Skip Bayless is a huge Cowboys fan, and he took the Thanksgiving loss hard yesterday, his reaction has gone viral.

Comments

• Options

I watched the whole game and it was an emotional rollercoaster, Cowboys Anthony Brown had 4 defensive pass interference calls against him.

• Options
    edited November 26, 2021 3:36AM

I've been there, I'm a Panthers fan, my whole NFL life is a mess. Just look at this photo my wife took of me after the 2016 Super Bowl.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2021 3:44AM

Dallas was missing Lamb and Cooper but the D is what cost them the game. Putting up 33 points should be enough to win

• Options

Yep, allowing the Raiders to score 36 was inexusable, and I just can't get over Anthony Brown having 4 DPI calls against him, including a crucial one in overtime to put the Raiders in field goal range.

• Options

Oh goodness, Dan Le Batard is trolling Skip Bayless.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have yet to listen to local Dallas media following the game. I am curious to know how this loss will be looked at.

There has been a common refrain among DFW sports pundits up to this point. They are well aware of Coach McCarthy's weaknesses with in-game decision making and hope that it doesn't cost the team an important win. And in my opinion, that is what happened here. Yes, @perkdog , WRs 1 and 2 were missing, but I don't think the Cowboys lose this game with a better coach. I really didn't like their decision to go for two just because they could get a yard closer. I know they had missed the earlier extra point, but watching that I just felt in my gut that it was a terrible decision. And of course the game went into overtime. There are so many little errors that add up for this team over and over again. I say that the Cowboys are my NFC team. And it's true that I root for them if they aren't playing the Pats, etc. But thank goodness I don't have even an iota of the same sports fandom for the Cowboys that I do for the Patriots. Because I would be having my Thanksgiving, and entire football season, ruined year after year.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    I have yet to listen to local Dallas media following the game. I am curious to know how this loss will be looked at.

There has been a common refrain among DFW sports pundits up to this point. They are well aware of Coach McCarthy's weaknesses with in-game decision making and hope that it doesn't cost the team an important win. And in my opinion, that is what happened here. Yes, @perkdog , WRs 1 and 2 were missing, but I don't think the Cowboys lose this game with a better coach. I really didn't like their decision to go for two just because they could get a yard closer. I know they had missed the earlier extra point, but watching that I just felt in my gut that it was a terrible decision. And of course the game went into overtime. There are so many little errors that add up for this team over and over again. I say that the Cowboys are my NFC team. And it's true that I root for them if they aren't playing the Pats, etc. But thank goodness I don't have even an iota of the same sports fandom for the Cowboys that I do for the Patriots. Because I would be having my Thanksgiving, and entire football season, ruined year after year.

I remember that 2 point conversion attempt, the Cowboys were about to kick the extra point and the Raiders had gotten a penalty called on them, so the Cowboys decided to go for two, and didn't get it, that one point came back to bite them.

• Options

But to give up 36 at home on Thanksgiving to Derek Carr and his offense, really hurt dem boyz.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    But to give up 36 at home on Thanksgiving to Derek Carr and his offense, really hurt dem boyz.

I agree. And I am not saying that the Cowboys lost due to that one decision. Sometimes the offense or defense doesn't have it's best day. Sometimes a team needs it's coaching staff to really out coach the other team's. And that almost never happens for the Cowboys.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

I agree. And I am not saying that the Cowboys lost due to that one decision. Sometimes the offense or defense doesn't have it's best day. Sometimes a team needs it's coaching staff to really out coach the other team's. And that almost never happens for the Cowboys.

You'll have to hold that thought, I'm reading an article about Steve Garvey's twisted love life, and I can't put it down!

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

[ And I am not saying that the Cowboys lost due to that one decision. ]

Didn't they also miss a PAT early in the game?

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@Steven59 said:

Yes. But that happens sometimes. I think what happened is the Cowboys got off their game plan because of it. It's a very minute detail. Because of the missed PAT, they felt like they were missing a point. Later when they scored, and there was a penalty on the Raiders, the Cowboys elected to go for two because the penalty made it easier. But that was their mistake. And so they ended up not getting any points in the end. And then the game was tied. And they wished they had that point.

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

As a lifelong Cowboys fan I couldn't have said it any better, Mr McCarthy and his staff seem to be out coached on a regular basis. I also believe as good as Dak has been, clock management is not one of his stronger suits.

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@Steven59 said:

Yes. But that happens sometimes. I think what happened is the Cowboys got off their game plan because of it. It's a very minute detail. Because of the missed PAT, they felt like they were missing a point. Later when they scored, and there was a penalty on the Raiders, the Cowboys elected to go for two because the penalty made it easier. But that was their mistake. And so they ended up not getting any points in the end. And then the game was tied. And they wished they had that point.

If my math is correct they left 5 points out there yesterday. Missed FG, albeit 59 yds, and the 2 missed xp. And you can theoretically count 6 more on the Shultz td called back due to penalty...just a tortuous game for this Cowboys fan