Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Red tint on 2018 Bowman Paper…

Has anyone else ever noticed some of the cards in the 2018 Bowman paper series have a red tint to them? I bought A LOT of 2018 series products back in 2018 when Acuña and Soto burst onto the scene and a good bit was Bowman chrome. Lately I’ve been going through a lot of it sorting cards that I may send to be graded once value submissions re-open. I noticed this a few years ago but was unaware of these forums at the time and now that I’m sorting through them again it dawned on me to see if anyone else had noticed this. I have tried doing a google search to see if there is any information available but no luck finding anything. Unless a grader was familiar with this and PSA had flagged these cards I don’t see where it would affect the grade but I certainly wouldn’t want to send in 20+ of these, that are otherwise flawless, and they come back as a PSA 8 because of this. I’ve posted a picture to give an example. Any information would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    parthur1607parthur1607 Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

Again this is just one example. I have noticed this same red tint on nearly every player’s card; common, star or rookie. I bought individual boxes along with 2 cases, all from separate sellers so it wasn’t isolated to just one box or case. There were several red tinted cards per box.

• Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

Can you post pics of the backs? Might just be a printing issue, but your comment about only getting a few per box almost makes them seem like a parallel. Cardboard Connection doesn’t list a parallel that sounds like this, but the code at the bottom of the card on the back should tell you for sure (if they have the same code, it’s just an anomaly; if the code is different, you have a parallel).

Jim