Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Basic PayPal Q

ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
edited November 25, 2021 1:44PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

I’ve sold an item on Instagram. Buyer paid via PayPal…non F/F. Does PayPal follow the same rules as eBay as far as the buyer opening a dispute? It looks like the buyer has 180 days to open a case. I’m assuming if I provide tracking and signature confirmation, this will cover me should the item be delivered successfully. This is not an eBay transaction so can the buyer file a ‘item not described’ claim? Looking for ways to protect me on the seller side.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

Comments

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, the buyer can dispute up to 180 days. a friend on a facebook group just got scammed out of 2900 as his package was delivered, but was empty. no card. but the package shows as delivered.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    yes, the buyer can dispute up to 180 days. a friend on a facebook group just got scammed out of 2900 as his package was delivered, but was empty. no card. but the package shows as delivered.

I'm leery of the opposite...me sending item and the buyer saying "not as described" and returning a bogus item in return. But, I have the same feeling when selling higher $ items on eBay as well. I've done some more research on the buyer and feel a little better. Thk you for the feedback.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06