Home Sports Talk
Options

Time for “Poster of the Year” again.. Nominations in this thread..

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was right around this time last year that I decided to see how much support would be behind giving our beloved Double D nominations for poster of the year and that went as planned so I figured I’d try it again this year.

For this year I nominate @galaxy27

With his generous and hard work putting together the CU Sports Talk contest for us and feverishly keeping it updated week to week like a part time job I feel he is deserving , and on top of that his posts have been informative and lots of times there is some witty humor injected as well.

I will see how the rest of you guys respond and if the majority is in favor of our friend @galaxy27 then come Monday we will tag him “The CU Sports Talk Poster of the Year”

Comments

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great choice.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

Agreed.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely, +1.

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭

Never seen any of his posts so I aim not qualified to answer.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

You got my support, I know what it's like running a picks contest, I went through a whole notebook of paper last year trying to keep things in order, it spiraled out of control, I still have bad dreams about it. Once you run a picks contest, you're never the same afterwards.

@galaxy27, when the contest is over, if you need someone to talk to about the trauma, I'm here.

• Options

Maybe you two could share one of DDs Reese's Pies and commiserate over your experiences.
    I have it on good authority that DD has a hoard of at least 10 Pies.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Maybe you two could share one of DDs Reese's Pies and commiserate over your experiences.

You would be in a cat fight if you tried snatching a piece of DD’s Reese’s anything let alone his stash of pies!!

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:

They’re all fresh from his brand new Dutch oven. ;)

• Options

Yes, no one better mess with my dutch oven Reese's pies, I want them all, greed is underrated!

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 24, 2021 9:47AM

@doubledragon said:
    Yes, no one better mess with my dutch oven Reese's pies, I want them all, greed is underrated!

Sticking with the Dutch oven chocolate treats theme, It looks like that monkey in the background is taking a dump lol.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

Sticking with the Dutch oven chocolate treats theme, It looks like that monkey in the background is taking a dump lol.

I just noticed that myself, I didn't realize oranges were so potent. 🤔

• Options
    edited November 24, 2021 10:15AM

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

Have you perfected that toe carrying method? Looks like lots and lots of practice to nail that down.

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

Have you perfected that toe carrying method? Looks like lots and lots of practice to nail that down.

I have perfected it with oranges, now if I can just perfect it with Reese's pie. 🤔

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will definitely go along with @galaxy27 as this year's ST POTY award winner.

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

Galaxy you have my vote!

• Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

@LandrysFedora said:
    Galaxy you have my vote!

Mine for sure as Galaxy hilariously pointed it out to me once when I was debating an individual who had been gone from these boards for years! Literally. LOL Fortunately for me, I was actually winning the debate! (I think). :)