Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

A very nice low serial find for me...

A happy day for me. After a couple of years searching countless $1 notes. I finally found a low serial number in the wild!!!! My next search is to find a low serial star note!! So happy today!! 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😎😎😎😎😎

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find Vince. A little worse for wear, but a keeper for sure.

• Options
    luckyrollersluckyrollers Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    Nice find Vince. A little worse for wear, but a keeper for sure.

Thanks Steve!!! Yeah, its not perfect but it will do :smiley:

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

Love it...exciting to nab one.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options

@numbersman said:
    Love it...exciting to nab one.

Yes it is and thank you!

• Options
    Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

**Great find! **

I've been at this (recycling cash) for years off & on to preserve my sanity (I only find something worth keeping about once every 4-6 months). Looking for special serial numbers is not something I'd recommend. In the past 5-8 years I have only snagged a handful & we have 7 digit serial numbers (not 8 - which would be at least another factor of 10 times more challenging). I would think you have far more notes to sift through before finding a special serial number.
    Here's one of mine (which I probably found over 5 years ago):

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice score

• Options

Sure: I will let you know. (Those are very nice too!)

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice one!

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

Five zeros is always nice! Congrats. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great find!!!!!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Several years ago I was tossing a few beers down at a local bar and was going to toss the $1 bill I got back from the bartender into the tip jar when the currency whisperer from above tapped me on the shoulder and told me to look at the note first.
    Glad I looked.

• Options

@mannie gray said:
    Several years ago I was tossing a few beers down at a local bar and was going to toss the $1 bill I got back from the bartender into the tip jar when the currency whisperer from above tapped me on the shoulder and told me to look at the note first.
    Glad I looked.

I had a similar experience when I asked my wife for change at the post office & she handed me this $5 which I nearly handed over to the post office (but luckily withdrew & checked just in time):

(I know its in pretty grim condition but I've been wanting any thousand numbered note for a long time. Any I have seen on eBay are about twice or more BV of a 2 digit radar). Needless to say I was very happy I listened to that little voice that said "check the number!"

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats on a cool find!

• Options

I had to add my 118......

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options

@numbersman said:
    I had to add my 118......

Wow, that's a very very very very very awesome note!!!!

May I ask how much it's worth?

• Options

I find it tough to put a number on this note.I know what I paid when I bought it but that was many moons ago.

• Options

@numbersman said:
    I find it tough to put a number on this note.I know what I paid when I bought it but that was many moons ago.

All good! These are priceless notes ! :smile:

• Options

Love those 118s B)

• Options

Sent you a PM over at PMF (re: the 118 $5).

• Options

Adding a new 118 note to my collection....

• Options
    SkippyTSkippyT Posts: 40 ✭✭✭

Got this one in change last week :)