Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA News w/ possible $10 Submissions

Comments

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2021 7:28AM

While it does provide a tiny amount of hope to registry collectors, especially of lower value non-sports, its at least a full year away it seems. I'll believe it when I see it.

I have hundreds of low value 70's and 80's non-sports for current and future registry sets of mine ready to go to PSA. Still its very difficult to justify $10 a pop but I would do most of them at that rate but NOT at even a dollar more I'll keep them raw.

BTW by low values I means the going rate mint and slabbed is less than the slab/grading cost - collected for the "love' not for the profit.

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

Great. I just uploaded a YOUTUBE video of me reciting the Gettysburg Address. It might be more exciting. Go watch it.

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

If the $10/card is in the plans, this is a fair warning to the other pop-ups to get their act together, both for pricing and turnaround. fingers crossed.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    voxels123voxels123 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2021 9:07PM

It's amazing to me that a company wouldn't hire enough good employees to achieve $10/card pricing all day long.

• Options
    parthur1607parthur1607 Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

If anyone watched the video I think the bigger news is that the regular sub level will be back in two weeks. I have a bad feeling that may result in another flood of submissions and slow down the progress they are making on the backlog. I would think regular will be priced at $75 (super express is $300, express is $150, so if they cut it in half again it’s at $75). At that price I think people can find an awful lot of cards they can justify grading.