Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How much to offer for a Willie Mays 2005 Leaf Limited Trademarks Jersey Auto?

I like this card and want to make an offer but unsure of what’s a fair offer? It’s from a social media website and would meet up.
What do you think is a fair price?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is low numbered and it is Mays. On the other hand it’s a sticker auto and plan white swatches. I don’t know honestly but I’m guessing it’s not actually worth a ton.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    NorcalNorcal Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:
    It is low numbered and it is Mays. On the other hand it’s a sticker auto and plan white swatches. I don’t know honestly but I’m guessing it’s not actually worth a ton.

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking around $400 but maybe that’s a bit much.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Norcal said:

@DBesse27 said:

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking around $400 but maybe that’s a bit much.

I don’t know what number I had in mind but it was much lower than that.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    NorcalNorcal Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

Ok. Good to know. Thanks!

• Options
    soxaddictsoxaddict Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

I’m thinking in the $250 range would be a reasonable price.

• Options
    jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mays sticker Jersey autos have been selling in the $500-$800 range. On card auto relics of Mays have been selling in the $1000-$1500 range depending on the production count. Anything below $400 for this card would be a good deal.

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭

One thing to consider for a player like Mays, who was much more well known as a Giant, finding a certified Mets card may add a premium as well. I've not seen this card before and it is actually a pretty good looking card in my opinion. I like it and would love to have one as well. Thankfully I have Mays already, because I would be out at the $200-400, let alone higher! I got mine a long time ago and much, much cheaper, when they were new.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.