Home Sports Talk
Options

Antonio Brown in hot water

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

Antonio Brown is in hot water again, this time he's being accused of trying to obtain fake vaccination cards by his former live-in chef.

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS Published November 18, 2021

Bucs' Antonio Brown accused of acquiring a fake COVID-19 vaccination card: report

Antonio Brown could possibly be in hot water once again.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver was accused by his former live-in chef of acquiring a fake COVID-19 vaccination card so that he could avoid NFL protocols, the Tampa Bay Times reported on Thursday.

The newspaper obtained a text message sent by Brown’s girlfriend, model Cydney Moreau, who told Los Angeles chef Steven Ruiz back on July 2 that the former All-Pro wideout was willing to pay $500 for the Johnson & Johnson vaccination card. According to Ruiz, Brown wanted the Johnson & Johnson shot because it’s a single shot that requires less paperwork.

Brown and Ruiz had a falling out after the superstar wide receiver failed to pay his debt. Ruiz, who is the owner of "Taste ThatLA", says that Brown owes him $10,000.

"Can you get the COVID cards?" Moreau said, according to a screenshot that was sent to the Tampa Bay Times.

"I can try," Ruiz responded.

"JNJ shot. Ab said he would give you $500," Moreau wrote.

Back in July, Ruiz said that he wasn’t able to get a fake card for Brown. A few weeks later. Ruiz said that Brown showed up with fake vaccination cards that he bought for himself and Moreau. According to the chef, the cards were on Brown’s dining room table just days before the team’s training camp was set to begin.

That night, Alex Guerrero — a personal trainer and co-founder of the TB12 method with quarterback Tom Brady — went over to Brown’s house to help him recover from knee surgery. Ruiz said that Guerrero took a picture of Brown’s vaccination card so he could help the organization document the list of vaccinated players. Ruiz, however, said that he thinks Guerrero was unaware that the card was fake.

Brown’s vaccination status will certainly be called into question.

The Buccaneers released a statement shortly after the story came out.

"After an extensive educational process conducted throughout our organization this past offseason highlighting the benefits of the COVID-19 vaccines, we received completed vaccination cards from all Tampa Bay Buccaneers players and submitted the required information to the NFL through the established process in accordance with league policy," the team said.

"All vaccination cards were reviewed by Buccaneers personnel and no irregularities were observed."

Brown suffered a foot injury during a Thursday Night Football game against the Philadelphia Eagles on Oct. 14 and hasn’t played since. It’s uncertain if Brown will play on Monday night against the New York Giants.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

This guy cannot stay away from woman drama, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he actually did this BUT I want facts outside of some woman that he had a fling with first.

• Options

I'd like to hear more facts as well, I'm sure more information will be coming out in the days ahead. This season is just filled with drama, first the Urban Meyer lap dance scandal, next the Jon Gruden email scandal, then the Aaron Rodgers vaccination scandal, and now Antonio Brown.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    I'd like to hear more facts as well, I'm sure more information will be coming out in the days ahead. This season is just filled with drama, first the Urban Meyer lap dance scandal, next the Jon Gruden email scandal, then the Aaron Rodgers vaccination scandal, and now Antonio Brown.

And we still got a lot of football yet to go!

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

C'mon man, ya gotsta pay da hush money up front.................

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of his stories involve him not paying someone who did work for him.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

And we still got a lot of football yet to go!

And hopefully we can get at least one more good scandal out of this season.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

as long as he has 14K to pay to the league, I dont believe he will be in too much trouble...

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

But

“ as long as he has 14K to pay to the league, I dont believe he will be in too much trouble...”

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited November 22, 2021 8:25AM

@MsMorrisine said:
    But

“ as long as he has 14K to pay to the league, I dont believe he will be in too much trouble...”

I think this would be a different set of circumstances than the Rodgers one of its true. But what the heck do I know? It’s different strokes for different folks

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭

I hope he is in tonights line-up.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    But

I think this would be a different set of circumstances than the Rodgers one of its true. But what the heck do I know? It’s different strokes for different strokes

unless it is the Patriots, then we lose draft picks...

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    But

I think this would be a different set of circumstances than the Rodgers one of its true. But what the heck do I know? It’s different strokes for different strokes

unless it is the Patriots, then we lose draft picks...

Exactly