Home Autographs Forum

Help Identifying This Autograph

I believe that this person may be a politician.

Comments

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not quite sure I recognize him. The arrowhead pin might be significant.

• mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

Guessing that is a cursor that was captured with the image, but I could be wrong too.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.

@mrmopar said:

@JBK said:

Guessing that is a cursor that was captured with the image, but I could be wrong too.

:D I'm sure you're right.

Based on the suit I am guessing late 1970s or 1980s. Maybe a senator or governor.

• mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

It's posts like these that really got me wanting to label all of my signed items in case I am not around to ID them for someone. Most of my stuff is alphabetized, but once someone starts pulling items out of their spots, it's a free for all. Some items may not be good to mark on the back, so adding a slip of paper helps, but those can be separated later as well.

It's sad that so many items become mysteries later and with handwriting disappearing, trying to decipher a signature is a lost art.

I would have guessed the same thing, some local/regional politician or maybe a local/regional TV/radio personality.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.

I am starting to do the same thing. When I come across an indescipherable signature I am trying to label them.

• slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

sounds like a baseball I have the signature looks like " Dear "

• MsteeMstee Posts: 1
    edited November 22, 2021 2:07PM

Former senator Gordon H Smith https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_H._Smith

Good work!

• Thank you!!! Great work.