Home Q & A Forum
Options

in response to another question about Ali Fakes....

YQQYQQ Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only way to stop fake imports is by controlling the borders, raising the fines for possession and doing something about it.
My question is this:
is In the USA, mail ent to a congressperson, the Gov, the president, ministers the governor etc, etc. free?????
can a letter to them be sent for free?
In Canada, it is absolutely free.
That would open the chance for a MS flood of mail to your and all other not your local Gov representatives... for free, just a 5 minute investment. However, u would have to disclose your name and address.
can u think of another way????

Today is the first day of the rest of my life

Comments

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Emails are free, a letter costs 58 cents

I've written emails to the US senators from my state before and it's not difficult. You get a canned response sent by a staffer, but I would think that they collect and tabulate the data somewhere.

My US Congressman has an office in my town, and staffers are there a few days week for a couple of hours. It's also easy to send an email. I prefer to stop in if I can. I belong to the same political party so they appear (pretend?) to be interested in my opinion. (Plus I get a cup of coffee :D )

I can't see any reason not to send a well thought out email to them. But I'm like most people, it's easier to complain than to do something

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

When i started collecting Morgans, I ended up buying 5 fakes via Ebay. I was able to get ll my money back which was good. I think Ebay is a bad boy in this mess, knowing it happens and not being proactive. I did learn how to ID a fake Morgan, but Ebay should actively work to stop it too.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2021 10:16AM

these guys and girls would start to take notice if all the members here would send the same letter to ALL the GOV dudes..that would be thousands. all the letter would ask is to enforce existing Laws at the border just like they do with weed or other drugs. It is after all a federal border and shipping fakes is illegal.
    question: if you receive a fake and you file a complaint with the police, are they obliged to investigate?
    If yes, then maybe everyone might wish to consider doing that. Feebay would not like it, nor would the respective police....

Today is the first day of the rest of my life