Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Does the US Mint website ever have uncut currency in stock? Checked all year and none was Available

Do they ever really offer it? For fun I wanted to buy some from them, but I checked all year and they were never really available.

Mr_Spud

Comments

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

Check out the BEP’s website.

thefinn
  • Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, I looked their website and found a link that said “shop” but when I clicked it the US Mint currency page came up that said none of the uncut currency was available ☹️

Mr_Spud

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

The BEP has been sold out of collector sheets for some time now. They were working with reduced staff because of Covid-19 and it was all they could to do to keep up with printing standard production circulating notes. I’m sure they will slowly get back to replenishing stock. For now, there’s always the aftermarket. Here’s a 50-subject sheet of 2013 $1 FRNs I snagged several years back.

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    The BEP has been sold out of collector sheets for some time now. They were working with reduced staff because of Covid-19 and it was all they could to do to keep up with printing standard production circulating notes. I’m sure they will slowly get back to replenishing stock. For now, there’s always the aftermarket. Here’s a 50-subject sheet of 2013 $1 FRNs I snagged several years back.

Thanks, I was wondering why they never became available all year since I’ve been looking.

Mr_Spud