Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Which note would you rather have?

Which do you see as more desirable?

And is the type II as rare as I think it might be?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

The low serial number is cool, but I'd rather have the higher grade note...

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with Terry. Gimme the 58PPQ.

• Options
    luckyrollersluckyrollers Posts: 510 ✭✭✭✭

Same as what @asheland said

• Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

In terms of the appearance I prefer the 58PPQ to the 20 with lower serial but I'd need more info on printings of the Type 1 v. Type 2.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭✭

This really is a serious question... type I - 408 sheets x 6 = 2448 notes; type II- 732 notes and not sure about the surviving population of either but I suspect the type II survival rate is lower and perhaps close to unique.

And yes... I submitted these thinking the type II would get a 20 and the type I would get MS. I was hoping that the type one would be the consensus note for the bank and I doubt that it is.

• Options

It almost sounds like you might be wanting to know which note is more valuable, or which note is considered more rare. I originally thought you were in the process of deciding which one to purchase, but after reading your above post, it appears you own both of them already. Maybe a member with Track & Price will see this thread and provide us with details of their sales/auction history.

• Options

At first blush, it would seem the Type I would have greater value based on condition... but what if there are less than 3 of the Type II notes left? Or could this be the sole surviving type II note? It may not just be about the low serial number. In my mind, the type II note would be the tougher note in terms of rarity but does that make it more valuable?

• Options

I'll have the number 000005 note please!
    I like the row of zeros.

• Options
    edited November 16, 2021 1:57PM

@Seldon

This should work... This was the best of my first submission to our host. So lets expand the question to include all three... which would you rather have?

• Options
    SonnyDSonnyD Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

I'd rather have the $10 note

Ounce by ounce the stack grows .

• Options

Since I don’t have any ties to any of the cities shown on these notes, I would want the $10 note.

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

Here's the T&P pop data for 9869.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options

Still the Marcellus A 000005 Twenty for me!

• Options

Thanks for posting the T&P numbersman

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

i like both. that type two note is interesting

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2021 4:02PM

The type 2 is much rarer. It's the second one reported and the best, the other grading fine.

But the $10 is a better note than either $20.

Looks like there were $10 and $20 sheets (#1-6) from Charter 7774 and the $10 sheet was cut. I presume that the $20 sheet is still intact but those singles may become available someday. Sheets get cut into singles but never the other way around.

Most of these sheets were from the Col. Green hoard. Some were used to pay the income taxes on his estate at face value. Those were presumably destroyed but many serial #1 sheets were saved.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

The $10 note is the one I prefer. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

I'd take the Type 2 $20 any day of the week. Lower print run and I love T-2s.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would much rather have the higher grade 58.