Home Sports Talk
Options

Are the Chiefs back?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Chiefs looked like the Chiefs again last night, and Patrick Mahomes even threw a left handed pass, check it out.

Comments

• Options

NFL Twitter certainly didn't waste any time getting in on the Chiefs return.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was never on the record saying thy left. I felt they would be okay. And still do.

• Options

It's going to get very interesting next week, the Chiefs play the Cowboys.

• Options

What the heck was DeSean Jackson doing on this play?

• Options

@doubledragon said:

I can't speculate on the exact cause, but it seems as though he was in a state of confusion.

• Options

The video almost makes it look like he laterals the ball, but it was punched out. He doesn't seem to run in the correct direction , which would be toward the end zone.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    The video almost makes it look like he laterals the ball, but it was punched out. He doesn't seem to run in the correct direction , which would be toward the end zone.

That's what it looks like to me, he ran in the wrong direction, I'm completely baffled by this.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Raiders just didn’t show up last night, KC looked dominant but next week they could play like the worst team in the league and the Raiders could look unbeatable. Until the playoffs get here, I’m not making any more predictions on any teams.

Ofcourse we will say that “This is a weird season” but honestly every season is like this

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

KC looked very good last night. they have a very difficult test next week. If they are able to do to Dallas what they did last night, I will be ready to say they are coming back.

this NFL season has seemed to be one of upsets. great looking teams falling to really terrible ones at times.

hard to gauge.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

I'm still trying to figure out that DeSean Jackson play, I always thought you were supposed to run toward the end zone.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

The announcers said DeSean Jackson possibly got turned around and lost his sense of direction
    but I'm not sure, bizarre play anyway and luckily the Chiefs got a huge turnover.

I agree with Craig, next week against Dallas will be a big test to see if the Chiefs are returning to form.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

I think it was more that he was trying to avoid a defender so he turned left with the intention of then
    heading towards the end zone but before he could do that the ball was punched out.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

It is obvious he was changing directions because if he continued in the same direction after catching the ball he would have been clobbered by #27. You just don't normally see NFL athletes having to come to a complete stop in order to change direction.

Robb

• Options

Derek Carr is reminding me a lot of the old AFC west nemesis Philip Rivers.
    Very good regular season numbers but just can't seem to get his team over the hump and into post season glory.
    Who knows maybe Justin Herbert will turn out that way also although way too soon to tell.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options

@Darin said:
    Derek Carr is reminding me a lot of the old AFC west nemesis Philip Rivers.
    Very good regular season numbers but just can't seem to get his team over the hump and into post season glory.
    Who knows maybe Justin Herbert will turn out that way also although way too soon to tell.

As an interesting aside (in my opinion) to your point, let me say that ...... After reading your comment, my first thought was to write something disagreeing. The reason for my disagreement would have been that Rivers was much more in the elite category of QB than Carr. But then I had the thought that good, great, or elite regular season numbers are all the same in the end if they never lead to , as you say, post season glory. Hope that makes some sense! Lol

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

Maybe he thought he was back in LA and the white jersey was a Ram he was lateraling to :D

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.