DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Time for an appearance @Askari ;)

Quite a few yetis over the years. Just hope all is well with them, even though they may not be collecting at the moment.

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's probably still around somewhere.

• Options
    MaxfliMaxfli Posts: 40 ✭✭

I recently became an official member of this forum, but I’ve been lurking here for years (I'm a life-long world coin fan). This thread helped me put “for years” into perspective. When I first began lurking, Askari was a frequent visitor and I remember enjoying his posts. How quickly time passes! I hope Askari is well.

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

In the old days I could check my old messages and see when I last communicated (perhaps more recently than the last actual sighting). It would be awesome to hear from him.

Decades ago I was visiting Texas for a professional event and Mr. and Mrs. Askari were kind enough to take me out to dinner the night before when I had a huge exam the next day. Chicken fried chicken IIRC. Delicious! And for some odd reason I misheard him when he said the company he worked for...a huge one and so when I said I hadn't heard of it he must have been laughing, until I realized what he said.

In any case, he was a true inspiration for me to start on exonumia.

He brought this one to my attention and I was hooked:

And so began the mother and baby theme!